Update, More Info... Out Of Warranty Nox 800 Pod Replacement

UPDATE.....If you buy an out of warranty replacement pod, it will carry a 3-year warranty. If you buy the refurbished unit, it will carry a one year warranty.  The batteries are $30 and can be purchased through either the repair center or your dealer. You do not have to send in the old battery, but she did recommend that the repair center do the replacement. It wasn't required, only recommended. You cannot buy a replacement pod without sending in a defective unit.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Dan can you clarify whether there are additional labor costs associated with having the battery replacement done by the service center, including whether the customer has to bear the brunt of detector shipping costs to/from the service center?  That alone can exceed the cost of the battery itself.  Same goes for out of warranty Pod replacement, does the customer pay for shipping the detector in?  It is whatever it is, but if folks do have to pay to send their defective detector in, its good to know the entire bill you are facing.

There is a labor charge on the battery replacement, I do know that because Martha did mention it. As far as shipping goes, I assume the customer will pay both ways. I would only be guessing if I said anything about the shipping on the pod. I will mention that Martha was completely unaware of the situation with the Coiltek coil delays.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've had to pay sending in my various parts to the repair center; 3 coils and 2 pods on two different 800's! But they covered the return trips! I'm OK with that arrangement, as all returns from their end were new parts, under warranty of course! And the three coils came back with a new coil cover and bolt and washers included, that were not sent in! So basically no cost on my end! Nothing out of warranty yet, as I will sell or trade before ending! Not exactly on subject, but there you go!👍👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• The title was changed to Update, More Info... Out Of Warranty Nox 800 Pod Replacement
  • 1 year later...

Old thread but good info.  Anyway i sent my pod and coil about 2 years ago and it was the coil so Minelab replaced it.  I'd like to get my pod replaced, out of warranty and screen seems to freeze occasionally right after i make an adjustment. Still works when it happens and only lasts about 20 seconds then back to normal. Plus i really don't trust dunking it, bought in 2018.