Aptx Low Latency Bluetooth Receivers That Work - Equinox, Vanquish, GPX 6000

Ive trialed 5 different sets of APTX LL transmitters and headphone combos (2x M-Pow, 2x Avantree and one that looks very similar to the Taotronics one shown earlier in this thread) and ALL are crap. Every single one had lag that was waaay too noticeable for my liking. I want something that acts as quick as a standard set of headphones, with no perceptible lag. After spending over $400 searching for kit THAT WORKS, I gave up. Incredibly, I found an Ebay seller that specializes in recycling old electronics and I bought 2x pairs of 1980's era Hanimex dynamic 600ohm headphones. I remember them from my days using the Garrett Deepseeker and Groundhog A2B. Tried them on my 4500M and my 24K.....blown away, best set of headphones I've ever owned. Wish I could buy more lol. I just hope I can run them on my upcoming GPX6000 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Aureous said:

Ive trialed 5 different sets of APTX LL

Just wondering what you are trialling them on?  Are you getting the connected 'plus' + showing up? 

That Avantree AS70 shown on the last page of this thread has just been used for a couple of days over last weekend - worked a treat.  But, my level of acceptable, perceptible lag may be different to someone else's  👍

Yeah NE, I was trying everything I could to make them worth the $$ I paid. But that fraction of a second difference just sh*ts me to tears lol I thought I hit the jackpot last year when M-Pow made a new transmitter and 'Plus' earbud set combo....it looked like exactly the thing I was looking for, so I could wear my old army slouch hat....but NOPE. That slight delay was just enuff to irritate me and revert back to std headphones.

2 hours ago, Aureous said:

But that fraction of a second difference just sh*ts me to tears

Not sure where you are but happy for you to try the AS70's at some stage if we are nearby.  

I'm in Northeast Vic but often over Bendigo way.  

6 hours ago, Northeast said:

We need to see more pics of that Bendigo gold!  haha

17 hours ago, Aureous said:

Yeah NE, I was trying everything I could to make them worth the $$ I paid. But that fraction of a second difference just sh*ts me to tears lol I thought I hit the jackpot last year when M-Pow made a new transmitter and 'Plus' earbud set combo....it looked like exactly the thing I was looking for, so I could wear my old army slouch hat....but NOPE. That slight delay was just enuff to irritate me and revert back to std headphones.

Hi, are you using a transmitter attached to the detector? or just reciever? I have been sitting on the fence regarding the 6000. I dont like headphones but would use plug in ear buds direct to the receiver.  I will purchase a 6000 but wait until cooler weather here in WA next year. Thanks for your efforts to report your findings, cheers sturt

Hi all. I must ask if anyone has been using the supplied 6000 headphones and checked if noticeable time delay is present, and then try it plugged into the machine and the delay disappears? Would need someone to check a target in the field both ways before digging, cheers sturt

• Like 1

12 hours ago, mn90403 said:

We need to see more pics of that Bendigo gold! 

Oh how I wish I had some to show you!!  Not even a skerrick!  

19 hours ago, Northeast said:

Not sure where you are but happy for you to try the AS70's at some stage if we are nearby.  

Im more Ballarat way but I'm curious....how do you compare the 6000's own wireless headset to the AS70? Better speed? Just curious as to its latency...

6 hours ago, sturt said:

Hi, are you using a transmitter attached to the detector? or just reciever? I have been sitting on the fence regarding the 6000. I dont like headphones but would use plug in ear buds direct to the receiver.  I will purchase a 6000 but wait until cooler weather here in WA next year. Thanks for your efforts to report your findings, cheers sturt

Transmitter plugged into the detector and then the same brand headphones or earbuds paired to the transmitter.