Aptx Low Latency Bluetooth Receivers That Work - Equinox, Vanquish, GPX 6000

2 hours ago, Northeast said:

Oh how I wish I had some to show you!!  Not even a skerrick!  

Ok, well here's just a few from the past 2 months.....

IMG_20210622_233932.jpg

IMG_20210719_193245.jpg

IMG_20210801_171937.jpg

IMG_20210812_210305.jpg

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Aureous said:

how do you compare the 6000's own wireless headset to the AS70?

Good question, but the answer is "I haven't".  Not in a testing, scientific type of way at least.   All I know is that if there is a lag, it isn't enough to be bothering me.  Which isn't saying much though as this sort of thing isn't usually something that worries me too much.  

However, I do know I tried some bone conduction ear phones which were not Low Latency on the Equinox and that did give me the shits!  The bone conduction part was actually fine, the lag was terrible. 

I'm heading out tomorrow and will take both, space out some coins and lead and stuff and have a little play.  I started this thread so I guess I had better give some proper, decently tested feedback  👍

1 hour ago, Aureous said:

Ok, well here's just a few from the past 2 months.....

Nice, you're doing well.  I've been getting a few nice pieces too but last Friday/Saturday pulled up a skunk.  Friday was my first ever at Wedderburn and caught up with a mate staying at the caravan park.  We tried a spot where he had found a few bits before.  Nothing but lead shot and .22 bullets for both of us. Did a bit of scouting around in the arvo and had a look at where the potato diggings were, etc.  Planned on camping out Friday night but a slight, Tier 1 Covid site, stayed with possible contagious people type incident sort of derailed the rest of the day.  

Once the C-19 issues were sorted during Saturday morn I just had a scout around the Whipstick looking for a new patch and finishing for 2 hours on an old patch.  But nothing. Used the 17" coil exclusively both days.  Great coverage, nice and quiet but that coil does nothing to eliminate picking up bl@@dy lead shot unfortunately.  

1 hour ago, Aureous said:

same brand headphones

Rather than a stupid question, I guess this is sort of a statement - you've tried the Minelab supplied headphones.  Still a noticeable lag for you?  

Will any of the other headphones or receivers you bought hook straight up to the in-built GPX6 Low Latency signal rather than using a transmitter?   

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Aureous said:

Transmitter plugged into the detector and then the same brand headphones or earbuds paired to the transmitter.

Hi, sorry a little confused. I was under the impression that the transmitter side of the pairing system would not be required because the GPX 6000 unit would pair up with the receiver then you hard wire between the receiver and headphones/buds for sound. This would still keep you separated from the detector? cheers sturt

NE, Ive only tried a friends 6000 for a trial and I'm slowly putting gold aside to pay for one.....but bills keep getting in the way 😞

I dont have any ML wireless headphones to try but Ive used all the same brand types from the transmitter brands Ive tried. So far, none have been fast enuff for my liking. If it aint as quick as a set of corded headphones, I wont bother. 

Gold wise, yeah Im doing OK I spose....nuthin like the good old days though lol. Im sitting at 5.6oz for the year so far....477 bits, 8.5 grammer is the biggest.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, sturt said:

Hi, sorry a little confused. I was under the impression that the transmitter side of the pairing system would not be required because the GPX 6000 unit would pair up with the receiver then you hard wire between the receiver and headphones/buds for sound. This would still keep you separated from the detector? cheers sturt

I'm using a modded 4500. The 6000 is yet to come....hopefully by the end of the year :rolleyes: Damned bills....🚽

• Like 1

NE, that seems pretty decent. The AS70 might be one finally worth buying lol. The stock ML headphones seem very good too....I couldn't detect any lag worth mentioning. That certainly gives me confidence. Thanks heaps :-) 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, with the 6000, you only need the receiver. Bluetooth transmitter is built into the detector. 

• Like 1