Counterfeiters Gpz/gpx Hybrid Digital Photo Frame, Ebook Reader And Mp3 Player

I often wonder if the manufacturers of these fake detectors factories are contracted out to make parts for genuine Minelab detectors, like arm rests and housings and so on.  The reason I wonder this is when I was talking to the manufacturer of the QED and why he insists on using 3D Printing for it's components even though they're weak and a big downfall for the quality of the detector and it all came down to cost, a simple little part was going to cost him $60,000 or something to get the molds done up and get even started using that part, and he'd need many different parts making it just not viable for a small production run detector.  These Chinese cloners seem to be able to bang out injection molded parts for anything they want, anytime they want in any quantity they want.    If you look on the Chinese sales platforms they sell all the different parts for the GPZ from lcd screens, chargers, batteries, shafts, arm cuffs and even the front button panel with screen cover, basically any part you need, they can supply it.   Maybe it's just because there is a big market for the clone detectors in some countries, but I doubt it, for example a clone GPZ would quickly be rejected by an African prospecting trying to find gold for a living, it's not like the performance is even remotely like the real thing so I can't imagine sales of these fake detectors is all that high to justify making the injection molded parts.  It seems they are likely already making them officially to make it viable.

I was given a replacement shaft for my Equinox when I had the shaft wobble from Minelab.  The paperwork for it said it was made in China.  Chinese factories are known for having a backdoor where they make products under contract for the client and give them their order and keep the run going to make more to sell out the backdoor. 

It just seems logical this is what's going on with a lot of these clone detectors, or at least parts of them.  This one is a bit of a mash up of various models all slapped together to make a "super detector" 🙂

On 6/6/2021 at 2:00 AM, phrunt said:

Right, this one is a true classic, the counterfeiters in China have outdone themselves on this one.

It's a cross breed of a GPZ, GPX, Digital Photo Frame, Mp3 Player, Movie Player, Ebook Reader and all metal gold prospecting metal detector all in one.  You name it, it can do it.

1703919435_ChineseGPZ2.jpg.5e8e226d42bbd628d7ec637d5d7772cd.jpg

It comes with various colour schemes, one to suit every taste.  The shaft looks like a cross between the GPZ and GPX.  The Arm cuff looks like a GPX arm cuff somehow they've mounted on a GPZ body using wing nuts.

1364206838_ChineseGPZ.thumb.jpg.cf430916c1294a4fefcaa7946c5f7f0f.jpg

The battery clips look like a decoration.

1812366317_ChineseGPZ3.png.2aca60922bba2b9ce153f195998978e7.png

The buttons are fancy, I wonder what identify mode is, maybe they've done a ZVT detector with Target ID's! My dream has come true.  A calendar would be very handy while out in the field, don't want to miss those appointments.

And without further ado, a video of this bad boy in action!!!!!

The specifications:

High Precision Underground Gold Scanner Machine ZVT Technology For Archaeology

Quick Details

Signal Frequency:9.6KHZ

Audio Frequency:400HZ

Power supply:DC12V

Certificates:CE/ROHS/ISO9001

Single package size:85X40X15 cm

Single gross weight:4.0 kg

Package Type:standard package

Specification:

Application: Gold Prospecting (Waterproof coil to 3ft)

Technology: ZVT

Frequency/Transmission: Zero Voltage Transmission (ZVT)

Coil (standard): 14" x 13" Super D Configuration with skidplate (waterproof to 3 ft)

Audio Output: 1/4" non waterproof socket, Wi Stream wireless signal transmission

Headphones Supplied: KOSS UR 30 100 ohm with 6.3 mm plug (1/4 inch) (non waterproof)

Visual Display: Full colour LCD (320 x 240 pixels)

Backlight: Yes

USB Connectivity: USB interface for XChange 2 PC software

Detect Modes: Gold Mode (High Yield, General, Extra Deep) Ground Type (Normal, Difficult, Severe)

Discrimination: All Metal

Audio tone: 1 100

Ground Balance: Auto and Manual (Quick Trak trigger button)

Sensitivity Adjust: Level (1 20)

Tune / Noise Cancel: Auto and Manual (256 channels)

Threshold: Level (1 50) Pitch (1 100)

Target Volume Adjust: Range (1 20) Limit (1 20)

Battery: LiIon Rechargeable Pack (7.2V DC, 72Wh)

Low battery alert: Yes

Feature:

High-brightness LED panel can generally displays the detected metal type according to the signal strength.

The all-metal detection mode is suitable for searching metal objects on the ground, and can be a simple recognition of metals

In addition to LED panel display, it can distinguish metal type by tones

9.5-inch disk waterproof probe that can detect in the shallow water.

Equipped with an external headphone jack ,connected to a single-channel headphones (headset-owned), easy to use; built-in high-capacity rechargeable battery Worked continuously for more than ten hours when full of power.

I assume I don't have to warn anybody here not to buy one? 🙂

Simon, you seem to know an awful  lot about this unit, almost as though you already bought one...😆

• Haha 2