Need Help With Identification

Need a little more info. At first glance they look like "hammered" aluminum drink coasters.

Aluminum? Lead? Size?

Appears to be Byzantine art so far. Turkey, Persian.

https://www.doaks.org/newsletter/behind-the-scenes-horseman-poet-soldier-prince

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Kris0072000 said:

The coins are large, over 3 centimeters, the weight of one coin is not a whole gram, they are silver.

Thanks. See the link I added. If they are that large, unless paper thin they would weigh more than 1 gram if they are silver. A US Mercury dime weighs 2.5g. A Trime,  the smallest US coin, is 14mm and weighs almost a gram. 

I dread asking you where you found them, be careful with your answer if you are in a country that prohibits or heavily restricts metal detecting.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Kris0072000 said:

I found them in the attic of my grandfather's house

Cool find. 😅 He might have got them at a museum or something, a celebration of the Byzantine era. Horseman, Soldier, Poet, Prince. Thanks for posting clear and detailed photos!

Wait a day or so, others might add more. No clue as to value or origin. 🤗The seals at the link are lead.

• Like 1

Looks to be a top to a jar/bottle because of the fold of the metal in one direction and some crimping that appears to be there in the upper right on the first two pics.

Or...maybe they are ancient examples of some confectioners wanting to make realistic looking coins with chocolate inside that would be taken to the new world by the Templars, baby!

• Haha 1