XP Deus And XP Orx

I am late to the game here for sure. I too agree with the OP on needing some other  options for gold fields or high mineralized ground conditions and deciding to get away from a deus only to come back to XP again. 

I did the same a little while back or so with my XP units. I went for the big screens of the Nokta Makro for a while. And a few others mixed in as well. 

Not because I was bored with XP but just to wet my feet again on some other nice units.

And as nice and robust as the Makro units are, especially with their large displays and build quality, they are lacking in several areas compared to the XP units. 

One is the recovery speed in trashy areas and the other is the light weight of the XP units compared to everything else on the market just to name a couple. 

Also I find the XP controls and adjustments to be more user friendly too. 

Some may argue with that.

On the Minelabs EQ machines, to me the ergonomics of that particular unit is one of the most comfortable machine on the market to hold and swing. 

But no where near as light weight of the XP units.

The XP units are deeper in my soil as well. I have noticed the guys who are in higher mineralized ground do suffer with the lack of the multi freq option in XP units but until I get in a part off the country that has high mineralized ground conditions, the XP units are the best ever made metal detector in my opinion. 

I have purchased an ORX back from a friend who bought it from me and now am looking at the Deus again as well. 

I do not need the deus. The ORX is every bit as deep and as fast as the Deus. I just like options and am leaning toward another deus. 

How many other units out there can you practically carry in your pocket for a back up??😄

• Like 3