Was detecting today around a pond that is used by many people. I had one hour, and the 15" on the Equinox was flying. I hit a strong 35-36 which caused my legs to lock up and reverse to make sure of the initial sound. Decided to dig it because it was not indicating it was big when I raised the coil. It was dark enough that I thought it was a silver ring until I got home. I've considered trying to make one of these, and this might be the impetus.

IMG_20210606_204805.jpg

IMG_20210606_204813.jpg

IMG_20210606_204824.jpg

IMG_20210606_204910.jpg

• Like 8

Bicentennial quarter ring! Nice find. Can't imagine the process. 👍 However, this person makes them and they sell for a bit more than fitty cent:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/259073668/1776-1976-bicentennial-quarter-ring-1976

Can't help it. 🤗 That one got me researching.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I found one of those years ago here in Aus. that was made from a sterling silver shilling. I was told they were done by hobby jewellers. I guess they are worth less than the silver value of the shilling silver as the drilled out the centre of the coin.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

Bicentennial quarter ring! Nice find. Can't imagine the process. 👍 However, this person makes them and they sell for a bit more than fitty cent:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/259073668/1776-1976-bicentennial-quarter-ring-1976

Can't help it. 🤗 That one got me researching.

A quarter is to small to make a ring that size. Might make a women’s ring. This should be a half dollar ring.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Carolina said:

A quarter is to small to make a ring that size. Might make a women’s ring. This should be a half dollar ring.

My bad, I see the half dollar on it, but they do make them with quarters as well, all sizes. Never seen that before.

John-Edmonton had put up some videos of making coin rings. He also made some rings from the brass ends of shot gun shells. I see he has been seen on this forum; but it looks like it has been a while. Looks like it is not hard to do and doesn't take any expensive tools, just some patience and learning to get the feel of it.