Sunray Headphones [new]

On 6/12/2021 at 9:58 AM, Steve Herschbach said:

I have two of the prior version (I have a backup set, but my original set refuses to die :smile:), been using these for a decade now. Highly recommended, and will eliminate most compatibility issues. No wireless is as good as wired if you are really serious.

Thanks for dropping by Joe!

Steve, you mention that you feel high quality wired headphones sound better than any wireless headphones. Do you include more recent offerings like Garrett's Z Link & NM Green Edition? They sound just right to me. I keep back up wired headphones with me whenever I go hunt. Different ones depending on which detector I am using. All based on quality of sound to my hearing.

I did not say they “sound” better. There is zero lag, if lag is an issue for you. I use wireless as I don’t have any issues with lag - I simply adjust. As far as sound - I’ve found that to be an individual thing. I like what I like, but you may not.

I’ve been using Minelab ML80 phones, and surely have the oldest pair I got with a prototype, no Minelab logo. Going strong after 4 years, even after I ran over them and glued them together. Other people complain about the ML80 audio or lag. So I’m not very picky. If I can hear a threshold, I’m good.

But I’m not going to spend extra to get some super fast wireless. Cheap guy I am, if that is an issue, I’ll plug in. But for anything I have done low latency Bluetooth is good enough for me.

Headphones, S rod versus straight, how the grip feels - people will always have preferences that are not the same.

• Like 2

Thanks for your thoughts. I haven't noticed any lag with the wireless ones I use. I was a little concerned NM said they were going to BT on the new SMF machine. I'm glad to know that BTLL should be fine. Yes sound is individual. I spent a good bit of time trying to match the best for me wired HP to use as backups for each detector. The AT Max audio sounds better with lower ohm headphones, the Vista X with high ohm & the Anfibio is kind of in the middle. I will eventually get a set of the Sun Ray Golds for the Anfibio.