Christened My Z Search Coil

Nice hunting to find some nuggets on such a day, I hate EMI as it drives me nuts just listening to it.

Good luck on your next outing.

• Like 1

Nice work Clark.. How does that coil feel to you? seems most people like it. glad to see your getting out there...

strick

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Valens Legacy said:

Nice hunting to find some nuggets on such a day, I hate EMI as it drives me nuts just listening to it.

Good luck on your next outing.

I’ve never been in it so bad constant for 15-20 seconds no amount of noise cancel helped at all wee-ooo then 5-10 second brake then you think you had a signal and wham wee-ooo, Wait, target gone, or try and find me… I’d hiked in a mile or more into a remote wash only to give up. On the plus side overcast skies and gale force wind kept temperatures in check.

2 hours ago, strick said:

Nice work Clark.. How does that coil feel to you? seems most people like it. glad to see your getting out there...

strick

Thanks Chuck, it’s and improvement over the stock 14” I can say without question, lighter for sure and I had no trouble hearing the 6 nuggets so I guess I’m not complaining. I want to say the coil made the difference but probably if I’d put the 14” over the same spots with the same care? I did run the 12” nf coil over and area I’d searched carefully before with the 7000 and only found a few pieces of trash… still trash missed by the 7000. A few more days and hunts with similar results and I’ll say it’s the coil, it did run great flat out hot with; sen-18, vol-20, tresh-26, normal, high yield, no smoothing, no filters, semi auto and even at that the hot rocks were tolerable. 

it is taking me a little adjustment pinpointing I actually find the stock 14 a little easier most of the time unless I’m fishing around inside a deep hole then I’d give the nod to the 12” coil.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hey Art, 

Congrats on the success with the new NF coil.  No doubt they are performing well.  I have turned out two good batches of them, so hopefully we can get some more great feedback on them soon.  I have a small gullie I want to get out to this weekend and try the coil over in hopes of missed smaller gold.  

Rob

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Rob Allison said:

Hey Art, 

Congrats on the success with the new NF coil.  No doubt they are performing well.  I have turned out two good batches of them, so hopefully we can get some more great feedback on them soon.  I have a small gullie I want to get out to this weekend and try the coil over in hopes of missed smaller gold.  

Rob

Thanks Rob, I’m looking forward to getting out again too see if I can repeat, good luck working that gullie.

Congrats on the gold!

And the:20210609_012544.thumb.jpg.334471cff8c053107e286a3d601f7aed.jpg

+1515 with your 1515Art!🤣👍👍

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Good going, the 6000 isn't worth a thing unless it has a persistent operator.

Nice work.

• Like 1