Are You Ready To Pull The Trigger On The 6000 ?

5 minutes ago, sturt said:

Hi all. Anyone willing to say what size deposit has been paid? or asked for by the dealer?

Another issue, how secure your your deposit if the Dealer went belly up. Over here our Bankers will take your deposit to help pay the debt. Cheers sturt

About 8%, didn't worry about getting taken at all as all the dealers here have a very good reputation and besides, we know where they all live! 😉

But seriously, they are well known by many here, and they’ve been customer first whenever I needed help. I wouldn’t buy from anyone else.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, mn90403 said:

I'd say the difference would be the first one to a 'known' patch would have an advantage and not the first one to get a detector.  If you have your own claims or you know your own patches will it really make much difference if you get a 6000 in July in hot Arizona or get your detector in September or October when it will be more comfortable?

Let's hear from those who have a 6000 ... if you had to wait 3 months or even 6 months ... would it cost you?

Depends on where you live. Season here starts around 1st of May and snow starts in October and starts sticking in November. It appears so far that half the season will be over before the 6 shows up.... so yes timing does somewhat matter to some of us, especially when your out $5+ g's.....????

• Like 3

All good points, everyone has a different stand on how to reseve a spot in line. However, I think the situation is not that straight forward because dealers were told back in March that it would just be a few short weeks before the machines would come in. So, some started to take preorders and some customers already paid in full, based on their own choosing. This is not uncommon practice for a hot new item. But then all of the sudden the situation changed which was not forseable by anyone. So, the dealers are not to blame in my view. At least that is my understanding of what occured.

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, Gold Catcher said:

All good points, everyone has a different stand on how to reseve a spot in line. However, I think the situation is not that straight forward because dealers were told back in March that it would just be a few short weeks before the machines would come in. So, some started to take preorders and some customers already paid in full, based on their own choosing. But then all of the sudden the situation changed which was not forseable by anyone. So, the dealers are not to blame in my view. At least that is my understanding of what occured.

Not sure if your post was in response to mine?  Just to be clear regarding my above post... The choice to pre-order and pay in full was my decision entirely and I stand by the decision, not worried my dealer won't deliver, or the money already spent.  Like the rest of us, was hoping for an earlier release?  Now we see it's a waiting game......

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, oneguy said:

Not sure if your post was in response to mine?  Just to be clear regarding my above post... The choice to pre-order and pay in full was my decision entirely and I stand by the decision, not worried my dealer won't deliver, or the money already spent.  Like the rest of us, was hoping for an earlier release?  Now we see it's a waiting game......

I did the same. Let's see who gets it first 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

As of yesterday, Reg Wilson now has one. 

Looking forward to his assessment 👍

• Like 3

4 hours ago, jrbeatty said:

Share that link 😂

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jrbeatty said:

Still delivering in Australia and Africa but ...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, afreakofnature said:

Share that link 😂

https://www.finders.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10388&start=375

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mn90403 said:

Still delivering in Australia and Africa but ...

I don't want any of the Red Head step-child jokes here (I am one) but come on Minelab ...

• Sad 1
  • Oh my! 1