Are You Ready To Pull The Trigger On The 6000 ?

1 hour ago, mn90403 said:

I don't want any of the Red Head step-child jokes here (I am one) but come on Minelab ...

Yep, I've been on the pre-order list for 4 months now...there goes my June detector training trip to NNV!  Maybe Fall or ???

WTG Minelab.:angry:

Bill

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, jrbeatty said:

As of yesterday, Reg Wilson now has one. 

Looking forward to his assessment 👍

Aye JR, Uncle Reg with a 6K, hold on I`ll get back on my chair..... If his assessment is not that the 6K is the love child of Z and the QED, I`ll eat me at... pass me the salt please😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Norvic, you should be sleeping! 🙂

I think Reg will like the 6k, he liked the QED for it's lighter design and the GPX gives him that to an extent.  Not near the weight of the QED but still, lighter and better performance.  He always hated being strapped up like a turkey and the GPX doesn't have turkey strapping like previous models.

Reg likes big coils though, and for that he's a bit limited with the GPX, unless X-coils come up with the goods for it, which may happen!

It will be interesting to see what he thinks, especially seeing he often hunts with jrbeatty and he now swings the GPZ.

1086760719_GPX6000.thumb.jpg.5455bd4781c9f1b5e7538f2074b84490.jpg

It looks like they'll be in NZ very soon, the dealer has updated his website with a little yellow line of text which indicates so.  The newest GOLD Detector from Minelab will be in stock very soon.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I’ve been on the waiting list with my local dealer for months now too, but like everything else I’ve been trying to get done it’s delayed. Oh well, just need to let it roll off the back because me stressing about it isn’t going to make it get here faster. 

But, I did get to hold one when Steve made a stop in town to talk about it and metal detecting in general. Aside from it being light, I was struck by how perfectly balanced it is with the 11 inch coil, and how compact it really gets. The 6000 is going to be perfect for the mountains and canyons I hike into.

• Like 9

4 hours ago, phrunt said:

Norvic, you should be sleeping! 🙂

I think Reg will like the 6k, he liked the QED for it's lighter design and the GPX gives him that to an extent.  Not near the weight of the QED but still, lighter and better performance.  He always hated being strapped up like a turkey and the GPX doesn't have turkey strapping like previous models.

Reg likes big coils though, and for that he's a bit limited with the GPX, unless X-coils come up with the goods for it, which may happen!

It will be interesting to see what he thinks, especially seeing he often hunts with jrbeatty and he now swings the GPZ.

1086760719_GPX6000.thumb.jpg.5455bd4781c9f1b5e7538f2074b84490.jpg

It looks like they'll be in NZ very soon, the dealer has updated his website with a little yellow line of text which indicates so.  The newest GOLD Detector from Minelab will be in stock very soon.

Sleeping after NZers are up...... no way, although seems you and JW have lost your early bird traits, so maybe a sleep ins the go? Stir Stir. Aye be good to see Regs review, JWs, Phrunts, Gerrys, GCs, Lunks, RRs, all DP members and in particular KLs.

Any interest in fore buying? I have mine up for sale once ML release its pup in 4 or so years. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, phrunt said:

The newest GOLD Detector from Minelab will be in stock very soon.

This phrase sounds familiar...

• Oh my! 1

You may be fast on the trigger but it may be slow in coming but let’s us hope not.

I’d be happy if I can get my hands on the 6000 before Christmas. That would still give me a fair amount of time in the field before it started to get hot again .

Chuck 

8 hours ago, Norvic said:

Aye JR, Uncle Reg with a 6K, hold on I`ll get back on my chair..... If his assessment is not that the 6K is the love child of Z and the QED, I`ll eat me at... pass me the salt please😉

Norvic: Early impressions (just an hour in his back yard) are most favourable  :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jrbeatty said:

Norvic: Early impressions (just an hour in his back yard) are most favourable  🙂

Reg has a BIG back yard and it has gold too!

• Like 2