Are You Ready To Pull The Trigger On The 6000 ?

I don't think I'll rush to get a GPX 6000 even though I could afford to get one right away and keep my older machines.  I don't really have too many patches to beat people to where I need the advantage of the newest technology to find what's been missed. 

I want to try to find more patches and my old GPX should be good enough for that since most nuggets in areas I hunt are fairly solid and river-worn and not specimen or crystaline/wirey in nature. 

Also, without extra batteries and the 17x13 mono coil being available for a while for the 6000, I'm ahead of the game having plenty of batteries and 17x13 evo for all day patch hunting currently.  I have a 19" Evo coil if I want to go after big, deep stuff too. I pretty much have a coil for every situation at this point.  😂

I also weighed my GPX 4500 on my postal type scale with Doc's battery set up + 12x8 NF Evo coil and it was 6.5lbs weight or so.  My SDC 2300 will work on the shallower bedrock areas and find the small stuff there or help in areas I want to target specimen or coarse-textured nuggets.

I like the versatility of the older PI machines and if you have a wide variety of coils like me and don't mind making several passes over an area, I feel its still going to be a really great setup for many.

• Like 7

31 minutes ago, afreakofnature said:

Don’t tease us 🤣

Got a message saying next week

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Ok, 

I’m officially getting excited!  I seen someone posted this a few weeks back.  I’ve ordered one from Doc’s Detecting!  Of course it’s Summer temps out in Northern Nevada!  So, I might hit a few of my high country spots in nearby California!

37118A94-5656-4692-A4DC-4FF416ADE5C5.jpeg

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Gold Catcher said:

I ordered the same one LL

GC,

Thats a good drive!  I can’t get past Las Vegas or Laughlin, NV to visit my Folks in Mesa.  Always, a 3 day trip to get to Arizona Home grounds for me, lol.  My buddies down there now are roasting and crack of dawn hunts are what’s norm this time of year down there.  Of course, it’s no bargain anywhere  out West at the moment!  I’ll make a morning trip to Rye Patch...but, will be looking more at Sierra & Plumas Counties in the High Woods of California Until it cools down in the High Deserts, no trees to cool off under out there 😂.

Rick

• Like 4

1 hour ago, LuckyLundy said:

I’ll make a morning trip to Rye Patch...but, will be looking more at Sierra & Plumas Counties in the High Woods of California Until it cools down in the High Deserts, no trees to cool off under out there 😂.

Smart move Rick, yes this area I have in focus as well for the next few months. Looking forward to run into you one day 😀

• Like 1