Are those onyx? Nice looking ring. I believe 10k is common with thinner rings as it is more durable.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, kac said:

Are those onyx?

That is also my guess, I have seen several onyx rings like that.

Great hunting, and good luck on your next outing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Nice ring what ever the stones are...curious about the settings you prefer for the Nox...I like to hunt jewelry as well 

strick

• Thanks 1

There is a "Trebor" company that makes rings in IL. That's Robert spelled backward.

The ones I have seen are mostly sapphires,  including black sapphire. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, strick said:

Nice ring what ever the stones are...curious about the settings you prefer for the Nox...I like to hunt jewelry as well 

strick

I like to hunt ball fields if possible or schools (location, location, location). Generally there are fewer pulltabs than at a park. Because of fewer targets, there is a greater chance that the 13-15 numbers will be a gold ring. I have noticed that most of the women's rings I found have been in the 9-12 range with unwaivering numbers. When I get a strong signal in that range I get excited! Men's bands have been between 15-19 for me.

As far as the Nox goes, I almost exclusively use the 15" coil. Is it nose-heavy? Yes! Does it cover a ton of ground and find good stuff? Yes! I have found far more gold in the turf with the 15" vs the 11" because that is what I use. I stick with Park 1, all metal, 50 tones, recovery at 7 so I can hear everything in the ground. I adjust sensitivity as needed, but I usually drop down to 17 in the mild FL Sandy soil so I don't have to dig really deep. The reason for that is because I can cover more area if I'm not digging a foot down. If I'm searching for silver coins, I lower the recovery speed to 5 and increase sensitivity. 

• Like 4

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• By Mikeguard01
      Got out this afternoon for a few hours. Hunted one of the hardest to hunt beaches in my area. Not many targets today, but good for this beach. Started off shallow and picked up a  couple of nickels then went deep. When I can back in shallow the detector was erratic. I noticed if I released my hand off of the grip and grab it again it would sound off. I could release my grip and just tap the foam with my finger and it would sound off each time. Looks like once the grip gets wet you can't hunt shallow. I did pick up a deep small Gold ladies ring that the AQ hit hard on it.
      HH

• By Againstmywill
      Was detecting today around a pond that is used by many people. I had one hour, and the 15" on the Equinox was flying. I hit a strong 35-36 which caused my legs to lock up and reverse to make sure of the initial sound. Decided to dig it because it was not indicating it was big when I raised the coil. It was dark enough that I thought it was a silver ring until I got home. I've considered trying to make one of these, and this might be the impetus.

• By cuniagau
      June is looking good already.  Size 5, 1.8g, 18K & PLAT, 2 diamond and 1 Sapphire ring.  Working the wet into the surf.  Equinox 800, Beach 1, sensitivity 23, AM.  Also got two small silver bands but they are not as photogenic as this little pretty thing.  Oh, I found my name again.  CUNIAGAU 

• By kac
      Learning the Orx with 9" hf and scouting an older section of a park that many ignore. A lot of can slaw but overall good finds are sparse. Will hit it for deep targets later on but came across a couple of flat buttons not too old maybe turn of the century and this cool butterfly broach. Weighs 8g but has no markings. Base metal is not a pot metal so either platinum or maybe silver with spot gold plating on it. Thinking platinum base because of the detail in the casting. One of the wings got chewed up as it was under the turf and in with some gravel. Don't think it's an old piece just done well. Veins on wings are the base metal.

• By Slimpickuns
      Conditions were pretty weak all this month, went out on several negative wet sand low tide hunts at a few spots. Started out the month with a small piece of 10k that looked like it was part of a gold nugget ring and also some grey crusted silver from an area that had a cut and some erosion.. Next peace of gold was the 10k nugget ear ring and a small silver peace ring found waaaay out in the negative low tide wet sand plateau, no doubt fresh drops, targets were few and far between at that beach. Next gold item was a tarnished 10k ring that looked like it had a pearl at one point since there is a post sticking out in the middle of the setting, also found some more dark crusty silver on that hunt from an area that had heavy black sand and steep wet sand slopes. The final hunt towards the end of May was a bit on the weak side, not many targets despite the high/low negative tides caused by the mega full moon. Pulled out a small 10k crucifix and was sure that was gonna be the last gold for the month, but as I was zig-zagging the wet sand on my way out I hit a screamer of a signal at the upper slope area, one scoop down, dump the sand and saw the outline of a ring, thought is was just silver at first sight but then I picked it up and noticed the weight, then noticed the hallmark.....Booyah! 18k/Plat Fred Goldman combo band! I was stoked! Called it quits and went home.
      Gold total for the month:
      10k- 4.1 grams
      18k/Plat - 11.5 grams
      Thanks for looking and GL out there!

• By mn90403
      I saw some waves last night and thought I'd get in a wet beach detect today before I drive to a one day desert hunt in the Southern California mountains.  I didn't know what to expect and I didn't find very much of interest but I did find this pendant.   
      Does anyone know anything about it and what the symbols and writings mean?  I'll do an image search and post what I find.