Are those onyx? Nice looking ring. I believe 10k is common with thinner rings as it is more durable.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, kac said:

Are those onyx?

That is also my guess, I have seen several onyx rings like that.

Great hunting, and good luck on your next outing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Nice ring what ever the stones are...curious about the settings you prefer for the Nox...I like to hunt jewelry as well 

strick

• Thanks 1

There is a "Trebor" company that makes rings in IL. That's Robert spelled backward.

The ones I have seen are mostly sapphires,  including black sapphire. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, strick said:

Nice ring what ever the stones are...curious about the settings you prefer for the Nox...I like to hunt jewelry as well 

strick

I like to hunt ball fields if possible or schools (location, location, location). Generally there are fewer pulltabs than at a park. Because of fewer targets, there is a greater chance that the 13-15 numbers will be a gold ring. I have noticed that most of the women's rings I found have been in the 9-12 range with unwaivering numbers. When I get a strong signal in that range I get excited! Men's bands have been between 15-19 for me.

As far as the Nox goes, I almost exclusively use the 15" coil. Is it nose-heavy? Yes! Does it cover a ton of ground and find good stuff? Yes! I have found far more gold in the turf with the 15" vs the 11" because that is what I use. I stick with Park 1, all metal, 50 tones, recovery at 7 so I can hear everything in the ground. I adjust sensitivity as needed, but I usually drop down to 17 in the mild FL Sandy soil so I don't have to dig really deep. The reason for that is because I can cover more area if I'm not digging a foot down. If I'm searching for silver coins, I lower the recovery speed to 5 and increase sensitivity. 

• Like 4