wanted to get out and try my park settings with the ORX. The settings are the following ( gain 56- Disc 45- coinfast- 8.4khz- X-35 coil , and the one thing i did not dig is small foil. I got fooled by the iron strap thingand one bottle cap . and its amazing how deep you can still hit those tabs and coins. but with a faint signal so i am very happy with the setti

20210610_085701.jpg

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Kaolin washer said:

and by the way this was just a 15 minute hunt,

12 coins / 15 minutes which means almost 1 coin every minute , not bad  .... 🙂

• Like 1

Do zincolns count as coins?

Nice run.

11 hours ago, Kaolin washer said:

wanted to get out and try my park settings with the ORX. The settings are the following ( gain 56- Disc 45- coinfast- 8.4khz- X-35 coil , and the one thing i did not dig is small foil. I got fooled by the iron strap thingand one bottle cap . and its amazing how deep you can still hit those tabs and coins. but with a faint signal so i am very happy with the setti

20210610_085701.jpg

I am definitely going to try these settings in a park I hit a few times before I got my Orx.

• Like 1

Out again with the park settings , but i raised the gaine to 72 this time i raised the gaine to 72. ran quite and picked out alot of good targets in a baseball park. and close to the fences as well the program is coins fast 8.4khz Disq on 45 and sweep speed @ 2.5 ignores small foils, even sees thru them to hit coins with a higher tone . I dig can slaw and tabs to find rings i find quarters get a 95 and dimes a 91 sincs 81 83 nickles 63- 65  i think i came out with 97 cents, not counting the zincs

20210618_150801.jpg

You can run disc pretty high on Orx/Deus without a significant depth penalty.  Bet you can keep sensitivity near normal and still avoid the foil with that setting.  On the Deus, the "full tones" setting enables you to actually hear the distorted tones of can slaw and bent pull tabs vs. the "clean/pure" sound associated nickels and rings. Rings off beaver tails are still going to sound good though.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• By Kelpike
      Hi guys, I just posted about finding a pocket spill of IHP's with the Orx in the coin and relic section. Please check it out. 

• By Jeff McClendon
      The XP Orx has been taking quite a bit of heat on this XP detector forum lately. Indirectly, the same can be said for the XP Deus.
      All I want to say here is that no one detector can do it all the best in all detecting situations. All VLF detectors including the Deus and the Orx are a compromise between speed and depth, accurate numerical target ID and accurate tone ID, simultaneous multi frequency and single or selectable single frequency, waterproof or not, great ergonomics and ergonomics better suited for a bionic human.
      Personally, I would not go on a relic hunt without a Deus or Orx. The same goes for a gold prospecting trip.
      I know some people (I am not yet one of them) that are absolute masters with a Deus in aluminum trashed parks when coin and jewelry hunting.
      All in all, one of these two XP detectors are tools I will never be totally without. I have struggled with them, had some of my best and worst detecting experiences with them, sold several of them saying "never again" only to buy another after realizing what I was missing..........
      Using them in the best ways that suit my hunting style and for my hunting situations, while knowing and accepting their great qualities and limitations has been the key to making them work for me when I need them the most.
    • By Kelpike
      I tried running my Orx on the wet sand today and could not get it to quiet down, it was very chatty. I tried coin fast and gold 1. I had to run "Salt" mode but every time I tried to ground balance the machine would scream just like in Gary's video and a id number would come up. No matter how many times I tried, it kept doing it. I tried different programs and settings and just couldn't quiet it down completely.  I eventually got it as quiet as possible using "relic" settings I think someone posted on this forum. It was Gold 1, freq called for 27.6 KHZ but it would only go to 24.5 or something like that. React at 2.5, IAR at 3, sens 90. I gave up on trying to ground balance it. Very time consuming and frustrating to say the least. Sorry this was so long.
    • By kac
      Was giving the Orx a run today and came across a jump signal 40's and an occasional low 70's. Iron probability was 0 and I knew it was trash but dug it out of curiosity. It turned out to be the bottom of an old tinned can that is all rusted. When I layed the can end flat out the Orx could not detect it in any of the coin modes and it would sound off in the gold modes but give no number.
      Tested the can end when i got back home. AT Pro gave a solid grunt and low numbers, Multi Kruzer was spot on with iron sound also. The Tejon also was able to crackle when disc one set on the iron line.
      I kept the Orx coin modes and first 2 gold modes stock settings including disc at 7. Not sure why the Orx can't see the can end.
      Bottom line is if I am running in a disc mode and come across a piece like this I could easily miss a good target below as it may be a masking problem. Has anyone else noticed this?
    • By Kelpike
      I'm a little confused about a couple settings on my Orx. I do not see "Threshold" anywhere in my menu. I also do not see Disc IAR, unless that is the same as Disc. 
    • By Kaolin washer
      I wanted to set up the ORX for shallow park hunting. so i chose the coin fast program.and used a low 56 sensitivity , and set the disc at 45 to make a low tone on small foil, and the reaction was on 2.5 and at that setting i could still get a good signal on a 6" dime and on pull tabs7" now the small foil can be picked up at 4and 5 " but makes a low  so i did one more test i took the small foil,which is flat not crumpled ,set a penny under a cup turned upside down, and put the foil on top . in fact two pieces of small foil about the size of a quarter  covering the penny 3.5" under and i got a mid tone and not a low , If the penny was removed i got a low .  so the ORX can get thru small foils and at least give a mid tone thru the small foils  and that for just shallow park hunting. and i was using the 8.4 khz for the test as it is less responsive to foils, but still hits on tabs and nickles good .so i can find rings