My Orx Park Settings

wanted to get out and try my park settings with the ORX. The settings are the following ( gain 56- Disc 45- coinfast- 8.4khz- X-35 coil , and the one thing i did not dig is small foil. I got fooled by the iron strap thingand one bottle cap . and its amazing how deep you can still hit those tabs and coins. but with a faint signal so i am very happy with the setti

20210610_085701.jpg

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Kaolin washer said:

and by the way this was just a 15 minute hunt,

12 coins / 15 minutes which means almost 1 coin every minute , not bad  .... 🙂

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Kaolin washer said:

wanted to get out and try my park settings with the ORX. The settings are the following ( gain 56- Disc 45- coinfast- 8.4khz- X-35 coil , and the one thing i did not dig is small foil. I got fooled by the iron strap thingand one bottle cap . and its amazing how deep you can still hit those tabs and coins. but with a faint signal so i am very happy with the setti

20210610_085701.jpg

I am definitely going to try these settings in a park I hit a few times before I got my Orx.

• Like 1

• The title was changed to My Orx Park Settings

Out again with the park settings , but i raised the gaine to 72 this time i raised the gaine to 72. ran quite and picked out alot of good targets in a baseball park. and close to the fences as well the program is coins fast 8.4khz Disq on 45 and sweep speed @ 2.5 ignores small foils, even sees thru them to hit coins with a higher tone . I dig can slaw and tabs to find rings i find quarters get a 95 and dimes a 91 sincs 81 83 nickles 63- 65  i think i came out with 97 cents, not counting the zincs

20210618_150801.jpg

• Like 1

You can run disc pretty high on Orx/Deus without a significant depth penalty.  Bet you can keep sensitivity near normal and still avoid the foil with that setting.  On the Deus, the "full tones" setting enables you to actually hear the distorted tones of can slaw and bent pull tabs vs. the "clean/pure" sound associated nickels and rings. Rings off beaver tails are still going to sound good though.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kaolin washer said:

Out again with the park settings , but i raised the gaine to 72 this time i raised the gaine to 72. ran quite and picked out alot of good targets in a baseball park. and close to the fences as well the program is coins fast 8.4khz Disq on 45 and sweep speed @ 2.5 ignores small foils, even sees thru them to hit coins with a higher tone . I dig can slaw and tabs to find rings i find quarters get a 95 and dimes a 91 sincs 81 83 nickles 63- 65  i think i came out with 97 cents, not counting the zincs

20210618_150801.jpg

Your experience sounds like something from another world for me. Someday I hope to be able to use my Deus on mildly mineralized ground for coin/jewelry. I gave up trying on the ORX. Where I detect all of those non-ferrous targets when they are deeper than 2 to 3 " will read in the mid 80s to mid 90s including the nickels and pull-tabs using an ORX or a Deus with an X35 on 8 to 14 kHz like Kaolin Washer did here. Using Deus (not available on the ORX) full tones, listening for quality sounding targets, and listening for elongation on aluminum trash, does help to identify coins/pull tabs/possible rings from trash but otherwise, the target ID numbers are useless. Very frustrating hunting experience in aluminum trashed moderate to highly mineralized parks and sports fields unless the targets are very shallow, recent drops.

For relic hunting on old sites, the ORX and Deus are a different story.

I am glad your ground lets you have success with the ORX for coin and jewelry hunting.

• Like 1