LOL -- thanks, rvpopeye!

F350, it's interesting that you say there was "no weight savings."  Something seems off...

I did NOT weigh the camo carbon-fiber tubes prior to building your shaft; I just got the very first shipment in, and didn't weigh them before building your shaft -- and I'm on vacation now, so can't weigh them.  BUT -- I find it really strange that you are saying there was no weight savings.  My "non-camo" carbon-fiber shafts weigh around 30% less than the stock shaft, and I can't imagine that the camo ones should be appreciably different, weight-wise, as compared to the others. 

Are you sure you are weighing the machine with your new shaft installed "apples to apples" with what your machine was beforehand, with the stock shaft attached?  I know you said you added one of those "bumpers" to the control box, and I know you are using a Detect-ED arm cuff, which is heavier than the stock cuff.  Did you have these same items included on your unit when you weighed in, prior to my shaft arriving?  Are there perhaps any other items you may have added to the unit, along with installing my shaft, that would have added to the weight, as compared to the "stock" shaft configuration?

I can't recall exact numbers, but if I remember correctly, the stock Minelab shaft runs about 10 oz., give or take, and mine are about 7 oz., give or take.  I can confirm when I get home, and will also confirm that the camo tubes are of similar weight to my other tubes.  But you should have experienced some weight savings switching to my carbon fiber.  Something seems a bit "amiss" here...

Steve

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, steveg said:

LOL -- thanks, rvpopeye!

F350, it's interesting that you say there was "no weight savings."  Something seems off...

I did NOT weigh the camo carbon-fiber tubes prior to building your shaft; I just got the very first shipment in, and didn't weigh them before building your shaft -- and I'm on vacation now, so can't weigh them.  BUT -- I find it really strange that you are saying there was no weight savings.  My "non-camo" carbon-fiber shafts weigh around 30% less than the stock shaft, and I can't imagine that the camo ones should be appreciably different, weight-wise, as compared to the others. 

Are you sure you are weighing the machine with your new shaft installed "apples to apples" with what your machine was beforehand, with the stock shaft attached?  I know you said you added one of those "bumpers" to the control box, and I know you are using a Detect-ED arm cuff, which is heavier than the stock cuff.  Did you have these same items included on your unit when you weighed in, prior to my shaft arriving?  Are there perhaps any other items you may have added to the unit, along with installing my shaft, that would have added to the weight, as compared to the "stock" shaft configuration?

I can't recall exact numbers, but if I remember correctly, the stock Minelab shaft runs about 10 oz., give or take, and mine are about 7 oz., give or take.  I can confirm when I get home, and will also confirm that the camo tubes are of similar weight to my other tubes.  But you should have experienced some weight savings switching to my carbon fiber.  Something seems a bit "amiss" here...

Steve

No worries Steve. 20210611_205949.thumb.jpg.b7acb237117a988df09d964aa4b40e27.jpg

Note the rather heavy printed block with 6 stainless screws and the loop and plate. I use this rig not only to keep the detector safely tethered to my golf cart (I have a restraint for my dog to keep him from flying off), I also use it for a Limbsaver sling when I'm in the water. I'm sure it makes up most of the difference. 🙂 

I also just used the weight of the Equinox straight off the Internet, not that of any of my configurations. It was not intended to be disparaging in any way!

• Like 2

Steve,

Take a break man!! You've earned it! Enjoy the vacation!!! Wherever you are!!  🏖 🏕 🏜 🌄 🚢 🍻🥂  👍👍

• Like 1

F350 —

Got it!  Thanks for the info, that makes more sense now!  I was certain that the camo tubes aren’t appreciably different in weight compared to the others.  I couldn’t figure out why the weight would be “off.”  Now, it makes sense; I can rest easier now, LOL!

Thanks!  No worries!

Joe D. — LOL!  😂

OK, I will try!

I am in PA, back where I grew up, visiting family.  I am getting in just a bit of detecting while I am here, and will be playing a round of golf with my dad on Monday — so it’s all good!  🙂

Thanks!

Steve

• Like 1

4 hours ago, steveg said:

F350 —

Got it!  Thanks for the info, that makes more sense now!  I was certain that the camo tubes aren’t appreciably different in weight compared to the others.  I couldn’t figure out why the weight would be “off.”  Now, it makes sense; I can rest easier now, LOL!

Thanks!  No worries!

Joe D. — LOL!  😂

OK, I will try!

I am in PA, back where I grew up, visiting family.  I am getting in just a bit of detecting while I am here, and will be playing a round of golf with my dad on Monday — so it’s all good!  🙂

Thanks!

Steve

Hope you have a great time and good luck with detecting. East Coast has  been softened up by rain, especially the Mid Atlantic. We've had over 6" of rain in two days now, I feel sorry for the folks at sea level. Post some pics of your finds so we can dream... 😄

• Like 1