7 hours ago, steveg said:

F350 --

THANKS for the very kind words, and for the great picture.  I think it looks great (but, I'm probably biased, LOL)!  THANKS for your business, and for being "the first one!"

Thank you!

Steve

I've never been one to steer my life by what others think of me.  😀 I'm pretty sure this will be a standout if anyone can see it. You really have a great business, and it's been a pleasure. 

Soooo, y'all can send me your GPX 6000's and I'll trick them out.  Might even send a few back. 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I like the camo !

Inverse reason of some already posted.......

(I had to wear black for 30+ years to do shows and be "invisible" on dark stages. So when I retired I was looking for a change !!  Just my luck hunting season was just winding up and ALL the camo was on clearance !!!!!!! LOL   Pricing about 85% off...😜)    I filled the cart.    

You know what they say 

Every Girl's Crazy 'Bout a Well Camo'ed Man !

skuh kuh kuh kuh , and thx to ZZTop for the line..

BTW

None of them are as comfy as the old pair of combat fatigues I won't throw away....and the tie down ankles are the best in TICKLAND !

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

F350 -- thank you!  The pleasure has been mine!  🙂

Steve

• Like 2

Nice! Those carbon fiber shafts sure do make a difference!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, CalReg said:

Nice! Those carbon fiber shafts sure do make a difference!

Honestly, I weighed the detector after putting everything on. 2.99 pounds. 🙃 No weight saving over original configuration.

Doesn't bother me a bit.

• Like 1

But it looks Maaavvvelous!👍👍

• Haha 1

Absorutely Mahvelous ! On MY Christmas list !

And RR , I've noticed that people talk to me when I'm all in camo.

I'm pretty sure the stuff doesn't work at all ,,,,,THEY CAN STILL SEE ME !

I'm on the lookout for onna them Predator suits next,,,walking down the beach swinging my detector and nothing but sand  .............ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Honey , do you hear beeping? And I think I just heard somebody say ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR !

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, rvpopeye said:

Absorutely Mahvelous ! On MY Christmas list !

And RR , I've noticed that people talk to me when I'm all in camo.

I'm pretty sure the stuff doesn't work at all ,,,,,THEY CAN STILL SEE ME !

I'm on the lookout for onna them Predator suits next,,,walking down the beach swinging my detector and nothing but sand  .............ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Honey , do you hear beeping? And I think I just heard somebody say ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR !

Then really it's mARRRRRRvelous! 😄 I hope I helped Steve a bit. He's a great guy. 🏴‍☠️

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• By lowtone
      Before I got a Sovereign and Equinox my go to detector was the Explorer 2. It is a little heavy for a 3-4 hour Beach hunt. This mod made it a little lighter. I also switched the 11" Smart coil to the  NeL Superfly coil. I had an old Anderson shaft that was not being used with an Outside Diameter of .875 . You will be using  parts from the stock shaft. Be Aware doing this mod will render the stock shaft useless. Use a heat gun to remove the lower portion of stock shaft, then use a hack saw and cut the upper stock shaft cam lock off. You will need to determine the length you will need for your swing. Same for the carbon shaft.  Use Epoxy to glue the lower portion to the carbon fiber shaft.

• By afreakofnature
      I have no problem with coil twisting and I am using the 17” now.  I think people who are having a problem are not tightening down hard enough. The shafts are carbon fiber you’re not going to break them tighten the clamp as tight as it can possibly get.  If you’re just weakly tightening it down then you are going to have some twist. Quite honestly if you wanted to drill a hole and put a pin in yourself it would not be a big deal but I think it defeats the purpose when you want to tighten up the cord by giving it a twist before engaging the locks. So far I’m satisfied with it.  Keep this in mind to if you think you can actually tighten it to the point where you’re going to break it it’s under warranty for three years! But if you drill the hole it’s probably not under warranty anymore.
    • By Joe Beechnut OBN
      Final Modified Version of my Excalibur. Was able to silence the machine in rough waters by removing all of the knobs except one which ..and it is sealed from the saltwater by a o-ring and custom easy, fine tune knob. Stability is very good close to shore where water is smacking the control pod and the coil wire... I do need to get a shorter Allen set screw for the sealed on/off threshold knob I made...but for now the allen is coated with aquaseal and the internal shaft on the pot has a plastic cover to break contact with the SS knob shaft. Not real happy about the toggle on the handle which is used to go between PP and disc. But I had a bad batch of the IP68 yellow momentary push buttons ..... had two fail on me.... I was right in the middle of a good hunt and had one go out on me..so I pulled it out and chopped it off to finish the hunt., got home and made more changes to the excal.  Hopefully in the future they can get better quality switches. 
      And special Thanks to Steve detector rods for rushing a few of the cam locks for the lower shaft..., so much easier adjusting the coil for the hunt, which is a very important part of coil control and Pin pointing the target.....
      Picture of the hunt I was in the middle of and the yellow IP68 button went on me.. I can not stand to hunt in disc, which was the mod it was stuck in..chop-chop and all was good..

• By Zeroed4x
      I have to share this with you.
      Steve has flawless, magnificent and unmatched  complete carbon fiber shafts for Minelab Equinox. Check it out.

• By dewcon4414
      I saw SteveG announced he did an his after market shaft to fit the MDT.   I have one and have to say for water hunter its worth every penny.  The ID and OD on it fits very snug especially into the upper where its important since thats where it might move the most from all the torque.  Mine extends even beyond the length of the coil cable.  Looks like Dimitar is willing to add a longer cable if you want a new coil to go along with the new shaft.  The shaft takes it down to a standard size..... so there maybe about 30% less drag out there.  The past few weeks ive been using on some yellow or red flag days..... so it handles the rip currents, big waves and some really swift current.  It even makes the machine lighter....hard to believe.  His lock is removable .... so for someone who wanted a much longer lower ..... the middle could be modified easily.   I like the design..... i think the price is fair.  Hopefully he will come on and give a little more info about it and what hes willing to do.  Even if you want another shaft to fit a second coil.... its sure nice to have.
    • By Steve Herschbach
      steveg has outdone himself again, and produced a "tall man rod" for the GPX 6000, that adds 5" length to the length of the stock rod. At 5'11" I find the stock lower rod to be just long enough, so this will be great for the taller people out there. Details here