A Pocket Spill Of Indian Head Pennies (updated, More Found In Same Area.)

Great catch! Nice grouping!👍👍

• Like 2

Nice hunt and some good saves.

Good luck on your next hunt!

• Like 1

Well ya got me beat,  I dug 6 along a clothesline.  IHP's are one of my favorites because of the well-raised date. Too bad modern coins degrade so fast, we should be leaving more of a legacy. 

• Like 2

I just realized I haven't ever been so excited about pennies since I was little ,,,and the ice cream man was coming up the street !  But I checked if there was one in my collection before spending it !

There was even a thing called penny candy.............

• Like 2

• The title was changed to A Pocket Spill Of Indian Head Pennies
On 6/11/2021 at 8:55 AM, F350Platinum said:

Well ya got me beat,  I dug 6 along a clothesline.  IHP's are one of my favorites because of the well-raised date. Too bad modern coins degrade so fast, we should be leaving more of a legacy. 

I kind of have a thing for them too. My first "old" coin was a IHP, I can still remember the day.

On 6/11/2021 at 4:19 PM, Kaolin washer said:

Persistance can pay off nice find. maybe some silver will be next in line

We are done on that job for now. Hoping they call us back out there. I'm surprised I didn't find any silver but I'd be willing to bet there is some there.

On 6/11/2021 at 9:37 PM, rvpopeye said:

I just realized I haven't ever been so excited about pennies since I was little ,,,and the ice cream man was coming up the street !  But I checked if there was one in my collection before spending it !

There was even a thing called penny candy.............

Hate to admit it, but I'm old enough to remember penny candy.

• Like 1

I fanned out from that area on Friday and about fifteen feet away I found 8 more. They weren't all in one hole but were very close to each other. They too are all in rough condition. Could only read one date (1889) at this point. I just don't understand how all these pennies and no other coins can be in one area of that yard.

20210612_105400.jpg

• Like 2

• The title was changed to A Pocket Spill Of Indian Head Pennies (updated, More Found In Same Area.)