14k Religious Pendant

Unique piece Mn,

Look's like it was two pieces soldered together! And what are the black looking crystalline structures behind the figure, sandwiched in the middle? Is that soil/sand?👍👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Joe.  It probably is sand.  I thought I got it all but I didn't put this piece in an ultrasonic cleaner yet.

I almost thought this was Mary and then I looked at the bottom and thought it was a fish and that would make it The Sermon on the Mount and then there could be others.

It does look like two pieces.  The figurine is more silver or white gold than the holder.

• Like 3

Nice finds! Here in VA the ground was concrete for 3 weeks, and now we are dealing with heavy rain and flooding. I have a beach trip coming up. 😀

Most of the "Virgin of Guadalupe" pendants that I see from "Lensing" your photo are silver, so cool that you got a gold one. 👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, F350Platinum said:

Virgin of Guadalupe

Ahhh ... outside of my knowledge base but I just read about it.  Thanks for the ID on the pendant.  

Perhaps this Virgin is made of silver also and the holder is the only part that is gold.

I wonder where the chain went.  This was a cut find so it could have come from either direction.

• Like 2

I wasn't sure on the granules, due to it being a unique two piece construction! Thought that they could have been something special glued in between for religous significance! The "screen" appears to be related to a confessional design! I haven't seen one quite like it! JMO👍👍

20210612_130844.jpg

20210612_133143.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Nice, fancy gold piece. It seems that for rings, people turn to cheaper stainless steel, tungsten, etc. But for religious items, I'm seeing more gold crosses and pendants being lost than before. At least they are losing gold 😁

• Like 3

I do know that many of the religious items are made with the lesser golds so to be pious rather than ostentatious. 

• Like 3