You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• By Felix arami
      Just wanted to say thanks too Gerry for the training  on the gpx 6000  at rye patch  and a special  thank you  to Eli you made my brother and I better Nevada nugget hunters .We put a lot of hours on the 6000 in northern  .ca.  before the training  and found a good bit of gold it is a hell of a machine. Just nice to get the pros to teach us more. all the guys at the training were awesome  and made some new friends  that we will be hunting with this spring  Thanks again Gerry
    • By aerospace guy
      Stev H can move this if it doesn't belong here! That weekend there R no less than 4 outings for gold prospectors!
      OC49ers(as "guests") of LDMA,
      Taft Club,
      Pat Keene's group
      and where I'll be at Rocky Road (160 acre claim) for Antelope Valley Treasure Club chili cook out.
      One viewer mentioned he was interested in going out and that he had also joined Taft but had not yet gone on an outing with them. You may look these clubs up and contact them for   directions or I can also direct you as I have been out with all of them. This nugget was found on a OC49er claim this year with an EQ800. I will be going back there another time as I am committed to the AV club outing for that weekend. 

• By ☠ Cipher
      Here’s a look around Detectival Sept. 2021. This is an amazing location and I’m sure we are going to hear about some banner finds this year. 
      btw: can’t tell Minelab is there can ya? Haha

• By Steve Herschbach
      2021 Rye Patch Nugget Shoot
      Date: September 25th 2021 Time: 10am to 3pm 
      A Park Entrance Fee of $5.00 will be collected at the Park Booth.
      The Event itself is Free to all that attend.
      2505 Rye Patch Reservoir Rd
      Lovelock, NV 89419
      Celebrate Nevada’s Mining History
      The Rye Patch State Recreation Area, GPAA of Northern Nevada Reno (Inc.) the American Mining Rights Association (AMRA) the Reno Prospecting & Detecting Club and the Reno Gem & Mineral Society will be hosting a one-day free metal detector hunt. All that attend can take part in a planned metal detector hunt for prizes, see demonstrations and get hands-on instruction, hear knowledgeable speakers, and practice the art of Mining for Gold & Treasure in an ecological sound method. Participants must have their own metal detector, pay the State Parks entrance fee and be ready to have fun. Take the short ride east from Reno on Interstate 80 to Rye Patch State Park. Food available for a $5 or $10-dollar donation at event.
      For More Information Visit:
      GPAA of Northern Nevada Reno http://www.gpaaofnorthernnevadareno.com
      Reno Prospecting and Detecting Club http://renoprospectinganddetecting.com
      Reno Gem & Mineral Society http://renogms.org
      American Mining Rights Association (AMRA)
      Or call one of the following:
      GPAA of Northern Nevada Reno – Marlene at (775) 842-0681
      Reno Prospecting and Detecting - Michael at (316) 200-4115
      Rye Patch State Park: (775) 538-7321
    • By dogodog
      Today was a day that I've been waiting for for two weeks. A great forum member GB amateur contacted me to see if I would be interested in getting together to hunt on his way back from another trip on the east coast. Without reserve I said yes. With all the details worked out we got together today to hunt an old swim club established in the 20's. It was hot hot and more hot today and I was hoping we would have a good time before we both died of heat stroke. GB was running the 800 and I was too for about 15 minutes, When I decided to change over to the Compadre. I have found a few silvers there and had some problems with iron so what the hell. We both were finding some clad and wheaties. After an hour or so GB raised his hand with the first silver of the day a merc dime. Shortly after I pulled a 62 rosie. More clad and wheaties I decided to move to a spot I hunted a fair amount with the 800, But not with a Tesoro. Within a few minutes I pulled out a 44 merc. Two minutes more and out comes a 9k wedding band. The Compadre never ceases to amaze me. After a little while longer we decided to call it quit's and get some lunch and BS some more. Getting a chance to hunt with GB today was as fun as it gets and to have a good time with someone who you respect makes it all the better.