4 More For The Z-search

Nice finds and good work under rough conditions! Props to you for getting out and not letting the weather completely dictate your hunting. I live in the desert also, being aware of how you feel and never being out of reach of plenty of water are priority one.

• Like 2

'Yeah, but it's a dry heat!"😂

Just kidding! I was in Phoenix once during summer, when I was about eleven! I still have a vivid memory of that heat! At least here in S. Florida you know how much fluid your body is losing, because your swimming in it! yuk!🥵, but relief is much closer at hand!

Great work toughing it out for the gold! Stay safe, and hydrated! Don't forget the electrolytes!💧👍👍

• Like 1

Thanks everyone for the likes and comments, I stuck it out for one more small piece and called it quits waiting for the extreme heat to pass.

51FC758E-EDB4-49E8-B3D3-635E39DB98DA.thumb.jpeg.e31a1ec479a7c0aab8c4ecbabc61e684.jpeg

On 6/15/2021 at 1:47 PM, Rob Allison said:

Congrats on the new nugget finds and meteorites.  Always great to get out and swing the coil and be rewarded with a little of Mother Nature's treasure.  

Rob

Have you noticed pinpointing the sweet spot is an inch or two inside the coil, the effective detecting diameter seems a bit smaller than the 12” the coil is specified at? It’s the worst when the target is really tiny chasing it around with the scoop trying to use the front edge of the coil, I notice if I scoop an inch or two (under) ahead of where the signal ends backing the coil up I’m closer finding the target.

• Like 4

The sweet spot for pinpointing and for waiving the scoop over the coil is the lumps on the coil.  It's very handy information to know as using the front of the coil or the sides to recover tiny targets using the Z-search is not ideal, always run your scoop over the lumps.

It makes it quite confusing to pinpoint tiny targets.

This video I did demonstrates the sweet spots for target recovery.

• Like 3

Simon thank you, that is similar to what I’ve been seeing it was confusing because larger targets will give a signal almost to the edge of the coil I’d guess not as clean as the 14” it was easy to pinpoint the bigger coil as long as you had room to sweep it, on tiny stuff I’ve been chasing them with the new 12” finally after using it for a couple days i was beginning to figure it out a little thanks for the video that puts all the puzzle pieces together.

that .2g was a piece of trash I chased luckily I wanted to see just what kind of junk I was dealing with, lol.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, 1515Art said:

Simon thank you, that is similar to what I’ve been seeing it was confusing because larger targets will give a signal almost to the edge of the coil I’d guess not as clean as the 14” it was easy to pinpoint the bigger coil as long as you had room to sweep it, on tiny stuff I’ve been chasing them with the new 12” finally after using it for a couple days i was beginning to figure it out a little thanks for the video that puts all the puzzle pieces together.

Yes, I was confused trying to locate a shotgun pellet with it, took me a while to work it out as I kept digging with my scoop in the wrong place, after doing the video I had much more of an idea how the coil works so it made pinpointing tiny targets easier. 

So you can see the difference in hot spots here is the standard GPZ coil with the same test, same pellets.

• Like 2