When Will The Nokta Impact Hit Market?

We have been hearing about every detector other than Nokta Impact. I've been sitting here waiting and waiting to hear from them.
Nokta it's time you let the cat out of the bag and show us a little .Do like White's been doing just show a little of at a time.
Oh the Nokta Fors Gold Plus is all Plus.
Chuck

PS Cat and metal detector is one of the same.( It's hit the market )

NOTE - THIS IS AN OLDER THREADThe latest information on the Nokta Impact may be found here.

post-1-0-83312200-1445010030.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

I bought the Makro gold racer-a fantastic machine at the first of the year. Now I am in the market to buy one of the new detectors coming out. My choices are the Makro racer 2, Whites mx sport or the Nokta impact, if it ever comes out. I would appreciate anybody's input, particularly Steve's- good, bad or ugly on each model. What I have heard and read, the Nokta impact is the way to go- if they ever release it. I'm going to direct this to the Nokta/Makro research and development, if they made a Mackro Racer 2 that was waterproof, it would be a no brainer.

thanks,

. Keith

• 1 month later...

I hope they include a prospector among their testers for this machine because honestly that AU Gold Finder does nothing at all for me, but this Impact looks like a potentially legitimate reason to upgrade my Fors Core.

I know they have another machine in the works for prospectors too which is what I'm really curious about, I wonder if Nokta would comment about that at all yet? :blink:

The Nokta FORS Gold+ was just released as was the AU Gold Finder. The only other machine rumored to be in the works for prospectors is the PI detector. The Impact like all detectors can be used for prospecting but I do not think it will be sold as a "prospecting detector".

Yes. In my opinion in the next couple years my personal need for single frequency VLF is going to be almost completely eliminated.

Nokta/Makro is moving incredibly fast. Less than two years ago I held my first Nokta, and it basically was a third world machine. The Racer 2 is on par with the many of the best machines. Nokta/Makro have completely replaced Tesoro on my Big 5 list. What they lack now is something that goes to the next level and broadens the lineup by offering a PI and a multi frequency option. XP is a great company but a bit of a one trick pony here in the U.S. The Racers are hard on the Deus heels as a sort of single frequency alternative. If Nokta can produce a machine that like the Deus can select frequencies while using traditional rather than wired coils they will have a machine that in theory could replace a Deus at far lower cost. Right now I have a Deus but a year from now it might be gone and an Impact in its place. My hope is that the Impact will bring to the table what is so far only being promised by the Deus V4 update - a higher frequency option than 18 kHz.

Something like 3 / 15 / 30 kHz would be an eye opener. Or in my dreams 3 / 15 / 60 kHz

The Eureka Gold has the basic idea but I want something lighter, more modern and with the features that are so obviously lacking in the Eureka Gold but also without the expense associated with wireless coils as offered by XP or the massive feature overkill of the V3i or the need to swap coils as in the X-Terras. The V3i ability to run frequencies separately or together is ideal, but White's basically abandoned the platform after a couple shots. So much potential wasted so far. I am still waiting for the machine that gets it right.

• Like 3

I had not heard about the Nokta PI machine actually being in development. Is there any other info available to fan the flames of desire?

From what I was told it was going to be quite a bit cheaper than the 5000 yet aimed more or less at competing with it. Coincidentally(?) the 4500 came back into production not too long after I heard about the Nokta PI, never know what is related to what and hey that's part of the fun of rumors, but made me wonder if Minelab heard about it too and wanted a lower price machine to compete. Haven't heard or seen anything about it since back in June or something though.