Summer Headphones

I mentioned these headphones but it's embedded in another thread. I think them worthy of a post of their own with the right tag.

They're not waterproof or even water resistant, but I'd still use them at the beach. I don't like earbuds, and the one set I tried failed after 3 days.

I've been looking for something that is on ear or bone conducting, this headphone was released in December 2020. Don't know why I didn't find them earlier:51bvmGZxj1L._AC_SL1500_.thumb.jpg.60cc8150b9e023ffc2b4fbafc6e1dd12.jpg

Creative SoundBlaster Jam V2.

Specs:

Aptx-LL (B+ on the Equinox) 

Bluetooth 5, Aptx-HD as well

Can connect to 2 devices, and be used direct wired via USB-C cable

22 hour purported battery life

On ear 2" Neodymium drivers

3.5 ounces

Noise cancelling (but you can hear ambient sounds like your pinpointer)

USB-C charging

Spare pair of ear pads and charging cable.

These headphones are outrageously light, can easily accommodate any head size (they will expand as you use them), and they are loud and have bass boost. After using them for a day they sounded almost as good as my BT-80 over ear headphones which I compare everything to. They paired within 2 minutes to the Equinox. Once paired, put them on, push the large button and hold until you hear a tone. Turn the Equinox on and bam. 

The only cons I can think of are that the band is a bit uncomfortable (no padding) unless you wear a hat, and they can come off with a lot of stooping. Wrap the band with sticky tape. I wrapped mine with ACU because I like camo. 😀20210616_091554.thumb.jpg.967d39916ddc1135f9232f537e69d9ec.jpg

They're $39 on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B08QRQMLVY

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

I love those BT-80s but they really bring the sweat on. Doubt I'll ever use wired headphones.

Get yourself a roll of this to pad 'em. You can get other colors, maybe even black if you look. It stays on unless you handle it a lot. I wrap my t-handle shovel in the winter with it:

https://www.amazon.com/AIRSSON-Camouflage-Military-Stretch-Self-Adhesive/dp/B01IBL00OA

• Thanks 1

I use Aukey B-80 earbuds. APTX Low Latency, about 6 hour run time, ended up buying 2 pairs so I could hunt longer. I like the sound quality and  the volume.  I cannot wear over the ear phones in the summer here in central Texas.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dan(NM) said:

I use Aukey B-80 earbuds. APTX Low Latency, about 6 hour run time, ended up buying 2 pairs so I could hunt longer. I like the sound quality and  the volume.  I cannot wear over the ear phones in the summer here in central Texas.

I had a pair of those, they failed in 3 days. Left side dropped out to barely audible. Glad they work out for you. 🙂 They don't sell them on Amazon anymore so treat 'em good!

• Like 2

Creative Labs has been around for a long time, often coming out with some cutting edge stuff for cheap. I was really surprised at the audio from these headphones, just couldn't put it into experienced words like you did. 

I especially like the huge right side power button. Used 'em today in 90 degrees and only got a little bit of sweat into the foam. So far they have lasted as long as I do in a day. 😄

Let's hope some others get into the action, I'm pretty sure they will sell a lot of these.

• Like 1

The Creatives look like a great deal at $39.  Thanks for the recco Bob.

Based on David's comment above, thought I would mention that I have found what I consider ideal BT phones for beach use to minimize wind and surf noise as they have excellent Active Noise Cancellation and excellent tonal quality, best I have experienced with any BT APTX-LL phones.  However, they are not inexpensive nor are they water resistant (but have survived hot beach sweat, so far).  They are over the ear, so not ideal for preventing sweat.  The phones are Avantree Aria Pro's at about $99.  The Pro's have APTX-LL.  The cheaper Avantree Aria's do not.

I think the Avantree Torus have similar excellent detector audio as well, but no active noise cancellation.

image.png.993c3743820bdeee7a337a4460f12140.png

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

I gotta say I'm using these headphones at the beach and they are awesome. Even with the surf crashing I can hear the slightest tone, and I'm aware of my surroundings. No sweat either. For $39 they are ridiculous. 😀 Got a second pair as a backup. Great summer headphones!

• Like 1

Bought a set a few weeks ago! I have been listening to music and podcasts, etc.. with them! Very nice and comfortable! Haven't been detecting with them yet!!👍👍

(Already out of likes today😔! Gerry M. And other funny guys got most of them!🤪)!!

Just now, Joe D. said:

Bought a set a few weeks ago! I have been listening to music and podcasts, etc.. with them! Very nice and comfortable! Haven't been detecting with them yet!!👍👍

Thanks Joe, they pair well with the Equinox, I've only had to restart both a couple of times. I turn them on, wait a few seconds, and then turn on the Equinox. That seems to be best. It'll take a couple minutes initially.