New Apex 14x11” Reaper Coil Now Added To Garrett’s Site

Guest Tnsharpshooter

• The title was changed to New Apex 14x11” Reaper Coil Now Added To Garrett’s Site

Interesting. Looks like they have a version for the AT Max/Pro, too.

The description for the AT version:

"This coil provides a 25% increase in ground coverage as compared to an 8.5” x 11” DD coil. This makes the Reaper perfect for: working large fields, searching for caches, and swinging above stubble and other field obstructions that often hinder detection depth.

It also offers a significant increase in detection depth on medium to large-sized targets, while still maintaining excellent detection on small targets. This big coil is rugged and fully submersible. Weighing in at 21.6 ounces, its 14-inch size is still light enough to swing all day."

Reading b/w the [marketing] lines, it sounds like it won't help get much more depth for coin sized objects.

The AT version is going on my get list.

42 minutes ago, mh9162013 said:

it sounds like it won't help get much more depth for coin sized objects

I'd consider a coin a medium target. Small targets are much smaller than coins, large targets are larger than coins. The coin is the standard.

Having said that on VLF detectors I buy large coils for coverage first, depth second. In my ground ground minerals can negate any depth advantage of larger coils with ease. The worst ground will have less depth on coins than the smaller coil! Too much ground feedback, necessitating lower sensitivity.

• Like 3