Another Pinpointer Being Planned At Nokta/Makro

Despite having two pinpointers, including the new Pulse-dive, on the market, Nokta-Makro just rolled out a naming contest for a 3rd “future” pinpointer. No details on whether it too will be convertible or simply a standalone as depicted. 

792A8627-31B0-462F-9194-1FCC19678631.jpeg

• Haha 1

Can't imagine what the market share of another pinpointer would be, Maybe 3%. Doubt they would break even after two years. What Nokta needs to do is focus on the new MF and stop coming up with backpacks, holsters and god forbid another pointer. When sharks are in the water You don't cut yourself. I hate to say it but this is the reason why I jumped ship.

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Another Pinpointer Being Planned At Nokta/Makro

Some companies can walk and chew gum at the same time. Stopping all other business, when in fact that does not make anything happen with the SMF, makes no sense at all. If they are pulling people off of one to get the other done, sure. But as you note, that would be stupid.

• Like 2

I always thought they just put the apprentices and trainees on making the pinpointers, and the ProFind 35 is a prime example of that.  I doubt the same engineers working on the SMF are working on the pinpointer, you've got to give the fresh graduates something to work on too.

I'm interested in their new pinpointer, hopefully it's something I want to buy as I still haven't found my ideal pinpointer yet, and it's not for lack of trying.

• Like 3

Less complicated to make, cheaper to ship! And if they are paying attention to all the complaints about the one's that don't work well on the market, They could take a nice marketshare, and increase there R&D spending!(a little more!) JMO!

My main pinpointer that I love (Treasure Products Vibra-Probe 585), and have used for nearly seven years, has been practically indestructible! But still works great! No buttons, no adjustments, no speaker, vibrate only, and good to nearly 100 ft., but rarely goes any more than five feet deep! Works for me!! Apparently, I am one of the few using one!!?🤔

.  I did send NoMak my list of names just for fun! If I get a free one out of it, or not, I'm good!👍👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 1