Mi 6 Questions

Kelpike

Not sure if this question belongs here or in the Detector Advice section. I've been researching the MI 6 lately and I'm almost positive that I'm going to purchase one. I really like my Garrett so I'm hoping that I like the XP even more to justify spending that much on a pinpointer. One stupid question I have is why does the old ad for the XP say there are "Standard" features, "XP Plus" features and then "XP Plus with Deus" features? I get that the Plus with Deus features would work when connected to the Deus but why are there 2 other sets of features listed? And since my local shop has them on backorder, I will probably order through Amazon. I've read about some issues people have had with the MI 6. So is there a certain "made by date" (for the lack of a better term), or any kind of different versions I should look for or try to stay away from? Any advice or input would be greatly appreciated. 

xp-mi-6-wireless-waterproof-pinpointer.jpg.b361b99bafe961fa8407485363eebca8.jpg

The Mi-6 can be used as a stand alone pinpointer with any detector = Standard.

It can also be paired with the ORX = XP Plus (I think I am reading that right)

It can also be paired with the Deus remote controller and WS4/WS5 modules too = XP Plus with Deus. 

Initially, I had some problems with loss of connection and taking a long time for one of my WS4s (Deus Lite) modules to switch back over to providing detection audio when using it paired to the Mi-6. I have a different WS4 module now with the exact same Mi-6 and so far I have had no problems.

I have never had a problem with my Deus remote controller pairing with my Mi-6.

There were some problems with some ORX remote controllers which a software update fixed. I never had any problems pairing my former ORX controller with the Mi-6 I own.

• Like 3

Who knows huh they are a french company lol. Looks like they tried to kinda categorize the features from looking at the picture. They are my favorite pin pointer to use. With or without being connected to the machine. Don't buy from amazon, hit me up when your ready. Can save ya a few bucks anyway

That chart is very confusing. From memory, I think you get most of the XP Deus Plus functions on the ORX with the Mi-6 like 50 levels of sensitivity (I keep mine on 42. Much higher creates too much interference), two audio modes, the audio tone is pitch adjustable, 3 programs and 1 user program, target zoom and audio output to the headset. Not sure if the anti interference and 5 advanced settings are included on the ORX paired to the Mi-6.

• Like 2

I have the Mi-6 and it is my favorite.  It is very reliable compared to others I have used.  One note is you have to have the grip of a rock climber to get the end cap off.  

• Like 2

Additional PLUS options on the XP MI 6   ...pinpointer also work with the XP ORX RC panel ...I prefer the sound of Pitch tone and sensitivity to 40 ..

in the picture the pinpointer MI6 is set to a maximum sensitivity of 50...

IMG_20201218_122904 (1).jpg

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Mi 6 Questions