Think I Sold A Simplex For Nokta Makro- The Details

Guest Tnsharpshooter

Guest Tnsharpshooter

Had a gent call me and wanted to talk about how to get his Ravin crossbow set up correct.  The discussion wandered to a few other things bow hunting related.  One topic came up was he was using these lighted nocks on his crossbow bolts.  These things he uses cost $20 each.  The reason he uses them is there are some expensive horses that share the field where’s he hunts deer a lot.  He hunts off the ground hence bolt trajectory being flatter after a shot can make finding shot bolt difficult.  And sure doesn’t want to leave a bolt with sharp broadhead in field very long.  So I recommended he get himself a metal detector, namely the Simplex for its costs, waterproofing and coil size and collapsibility and to discontinue the buying of the expensive lighted nocks..  Told him what Simplex cost.  He pulled up on Amazon while he was talking to me and liked what he saw.  So there you go I might just have sold a detector and maybe even got someone new into the hobby.

Just thought I would share.

Cheers.

A similar topic came up over on the Geotech1 forum. The guy was wanting to know if shallow-ish stainless steel tips from archery arrows would be detectable or not etc.
They turned out to be trickier than expected to detect, higher freq machines fared better. Stainless steel is a really poor electrical conductor, which pushes up the target frequency. And long thin items have their target freq determined by the small dimension ( eg. diameter of wire, fastening bolts ) so these tips also favoured high freq machines.
A modern Australian-made machine seemed to be capable of finding them OK.