Discrimination Problem

I’m always reading over the Tarsacci manual and with my Tarsacci in hand as I go . I was reading over the discrimination and like some other detectors you can cut out some targets. It shows you will still get the ID number but no sound.

Well I can run the discrimination up to a +30 and I get the target sound as if it was on zero on everything. I got the mode set on discrimination and the level of discrimination set at +30 but don’t make any difference. I know I’ll still get the target ID but shouldn’t hear it .

This is the first time I’ve checked this out and I done it to see if it was working correctly .

I haven’t heard of a reboot but I hope it’s something I can do to correct this problem.

I don’t like the idea of having to send it back already.

Chuck 

The non-ferrous metals is the problem if I want to delete anything below a + 30 it won’t do it. The ferrous metals is not a problem it cut the signal out but like the manual says it still ID’s it .

I haven’t been out much with my Tarsacci due to sickness in the family. When detecting I had the discrimination set at zero and I’d wouldn’t found this if I wasn’t playing with it in-house.

Chuck 

On other detectors if in a high trash area I’d run the discrimination up so detect only coins about what a nickel would hit it .

I hope some of you will run this test on your Tarsacci and let me know the outcome.

Could someone tell the depth they getting on a in-house air test . I’ll have to go back and measure what I’m getting.

I’ve said this before that the window of detection in discrimination mode on non ferrous metals in the field is very narrow. I found it to be better when air testing in house.

The Tarsacci has a lot of great features that makes me like this detector more and it’s so well made. I just want to make sure I’m getting the full benefit out of my Tarsacci.

Chuck 

If I'm reading your post right. When you use discrimation on the Tarsacci and run it above zero it becomes a notch discrimination. It notches out 4 numbers at a time.. So if you run it up to +30 it's going to disc out +28 to +30. If you run it up to +10 it will notch out +8 to +12. So when you set the disc at a number all targets within a plus or minus 2 will be silenced. Also everything below zero will also be silenced.. Hope that helps.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Abenson

If I read you correctly in what your saying is it only notch as much as 2 below and 2 above the number you have it set at.

I guess I need to go back and read over again about discrimination because I was thinking it would notch out anything below that number you have it set at.

Thanks for your reply.

Chuck 

• Like 2

Abenson

I be John Brown I just ran the test like you said and like you said you’re correct. Whatever the target ID if you set it within 2 of the target it will block it out.

I was just reading more into the manual than it really was saying. I guess it was wishful thinking.

Thanks so much for putting me back on the straight and narrow path.

Thanks again!

Chuck 

• Like 3

Guest Tnsharpshooter

Yep Tarsacci disc like no other.  

The running at 29 or 30 disc can help rid iron wrap signals.

The bigger coil.  It is striking a 10.5” clad dime I have in test bed good.  Real good actually.  Using 6.4khz.  

Yes, it is implemented differently than in other detectors.  Less flexibility when disc is set above 0, but it is still very useful.  Tarsacci has implemented disc mainly to block ferrous in disc mode including the high iron wraparound falsing signals. Another member had a similar question and I explained it in detail in the post below.  You might find some of the additional information in the summarized description below of how Tarsacci discrimination works useful:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I still would like to have a 10X5 coil but I must say that Beast coil is great. 
 Hey it’s my money if he’ll make it I’ll buy it. I like to hunt with a small coil when can.

Who knows it could increase sales and  I don’t know anyone in business for their health.

Chuck 

Number one rule for new Tarsacci. Slow way down when you get a new one. This detector does not work and tune like other detectors. It’s almost 100% that it is not broken; you have to learn it. Some things are completely backwards as Dimitar has his own control conventions, like negative threshold. I’d not assume anything wrong until you have called, and discussed it with the dealer directly.

The manual barely gives enough info for a pro, and leaves newbies lost. There seems an almost purposeful and minimal amount of information, that leaves people experimenting… but then some tricks get discovered. But as of now, there is no good book on the MDT 8000, just a large collection of tips and tricks scattered about. It’s a dig in and study, then go use, then study some more, and use again machine.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1