Coiltek 10x5 Coil Hits Hoard... Well Sort Of... Plus A Surprize

I took the 10x5" for another spin for a couple of hours at a small park that I pounded for six mounths last year and hadn't returned to. I drive by this park almost daily and was curious about it because I never see anyone there except a few dog walkers and wondered if there was anything still there. I had cleaned out most of the upper layers of modern trash and clad but there's still tons of iron so I decided to dig any non-ferrous targets just to see what's there.

I ran the stock Park 2 program with Horseshoe on,  iron volume reduced, sensitivity 16-18 depending on EMI,  FE2 6, and Speed 6. For the first hour I mainly just got iron targets. Then I got a larger signal bouncing from about 12-32 with lots of iron grunt and figured it was a large iron bolt falsing, but the 30s kept popping through fairly consistantly so I decided to dig. At about 6 inches down in a 2 inch diameter hole (we can't dig plugs in parks here) were 7 coins dating from 1968 to 1999. In fact everything I dug was yesterday was at 5 inches or deeper, most of which had iron targets nearby. I'm sure I had hit most of these targets with the 11" coil in the past but didn't dig because of the iron sounds and probable masking. I did get quite few nice sounding squeakers at below 8 inches, but couldn't dig them because of park restrictions, so the 10x5 does go deeper than I thought it would.

Near the end of my time there I was in a heavy iron patch near and got a pretty clear high 20s tone. I thought it was probably a bottle cap but I was digging all non-ferrous so I went for it. At about 7 inches I found this ladies locket watch. I have no idea how old it is, but it was an interesting surprize.

Below are shots of the "Hoard", all dug targets, and a close up of the watch.

Coiltek-KP1.JPEG

Coiltek-KP2.JPEG

Coiltek-KP3.JPEG

• Like 7

That is an outstanding cache, all clad/modern? Regardless, gotta get me onea them 10x5's. 👍 Beautiful watch.

• Like 1

Good finds on such a hard hit area, good luck on your next hunt.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

That is an outstanding cache, all clad/modern? Regardless, gotta get me onea them 10x5's. 👍 Beautiful watch.

Thank you! 2 copper pennies and the rest of the coins are clad 1968-2016 dates. Most of the parks  in my area were built in the 60s or later so haven't found any silver yet, but I keep hoping. 😉 

• Like 1