9 hours ago, Flydog said:

I sure wanted the new Gold Bug DP but the price is a bit painful for my budget

Keep in mind that the new Gold Bug family (which includes the DP) has many members which are, with some minor(?) feature differences, the same.  Here is a list of the family:

with the Fisher brand label:  (new in ~2011) Gold Bug, Gold Bug Pro, Gold Bug DP, F19;

with the Teknetics brand label:  G2, G2+;

with the Bounty Hunter brand label:  Time Ranger Pro.

So if you are in the market for one, find the best price and pay attention to which coil(s) you want and which come with which detector.  In your case, the Gold Bug DP has the 7"x11" coil and so do some of the others, including the Time Ranger Pro which tips the scales at $400 (new with 5 year warranty, I think).

Having said that, it's good that your original Gold Bug is still producing the finds.  "The best detector is the one in your hand."

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Flydog said:

as I have an original Gold Bug and know what it can do I sure wanted the new Gold Bug DP but the price is a bit painful for my budget ( unemployed).

Well my new GB arrived yesterday!

GB maybe I wasnt clear. ^^    These ARE from my new GB DP.

And yes am familiar with the variants but I was so focused on the Vanquish 540 vs GB (mis-spoke in the original post, I had written Equinox 540) that I had not checked pricing of the G2/+. Had "blinders " on so to say. I think the F19 is same $ or more? Never checked price of G2 until AFTER ordering the GB. Much cheaper.

Son of a ...!!! For a moment had considered "maybe return it for the G2?" Nah ,cant do that, guess I got taken. Live and learn.

• Like 1