Trouble With Simplex Update

Trying to download updated software from makro website to simplex detector, in order to be able to use 9.5x5 coil. Not able to update. Downloaded app, but wont find the detector, wont update detector. Anyone else had this issue?

I have not had a problem downloading or updating my Simplex. It also worked fine with the 9.5X5" coil right out of the box.........

What software is yours currently running? I did once have a problem with updating a Nokta Makro Kruzer. It seems like I had to unplug and plug back in the USB cable I was using into my computers USB port a couple of times for the Kruzer to be recognized.

• Like 1

It should show the software version on startup in the lower left corner. 2.76, 2.77 and the latest 2.78 were flawless download and updates for me.

It could be your operating system……or a USB port that is not working right.

I just got a brand new Simplex. Updated to 2.78 out of the box. Figured I would roll this one back to 2.77 just out of curiosity. Both my Windows 10 desktop and laptop give a "USB port not found" error. Tried on my daughters Win 10 laptop and it connected right away. Seems like your mileage may vary with the Win 10 frankenstein operating system. Can't find any support options other than contacting the US service center. I doubt they are going to diagnose your computer. Do you have another PC's to try the update tool on?

• 2 months later...