Coiltek 10x5 Nox Impressions

Took the Equinox down to the landing this morning. Again I was surprised at the ease of ground balancing this machine with this coil - I guess it is stating the obvious because of its size mostly. You can find a spot to balance where it fits 😀

First I went to the lower landing that has been totally hammered by me and a bunch of others, even Chase. Used my usual settings, and only found a small brass stud. I decided to switch over to park 1 (supposedly the deepest searching mode) and only dug a half horseshoe that was a 13-15 for some reason.

Went back to the upper landing where I was last week, and used park 1 again. Wasn't finding any good targets until my wife texted wanting to know if I was coming back for lunch. 😀 Right after I responded I heard a good tone in a lot of iron, and decided to dig. Didn't have to dig far, found the 2001 dime in a bed of nails. The coil is doing what it's supposed to!20210624_125227.thumb.jpg.d498621a0340466c5b52e624a49cfefa.jpg

• Like 3

11 hours ago, phrunt said:

It is a good coil, and I like it's sensitivity to small gold at the tip and tail, not near the depth of the 11" on coin size targets but you wouldn't expect it to be of course as it is a lot smaller of a coil.

I'm pleased to hear they've fixed the coil bolt issue, my 10x5" is one of the first batch and the ML bolt does not fit it.

Thanks to Phrunt, I also have my 10x5. 🙂  Depth might depend on soil conditions, because I would argue smaller coils in Oregon sometimes equal better depth than large,  probably due to soil minerals.  I used the OEM coil bolt and there were no fitment issues.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, dbsmokey said:

Thanks to Phrunt, I also have my 10x5. 🙂  Depth might depend on soil conditions, because I would argue smaller coils in Oregon sometimes equal better depth than large,  probably due to soil minerals.  I used the OEM coil bolt and there were no fitment issues.

Yes, yours was from the second batch my dealer received,  Only the very first batch had the problem.  Shipping from NZ to USA went smoothly and quite quick for you  The first batch I'm talking about appear to be a small very first batch Coiltek made, they only went to Australia and NZ it seems, all other's received a later batch where they'd made the hole the right size. 

I imagine the very first batch with the problem was quite a small batch.  That's the punishment I get for being an early adopter I guess 😉

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, phrunt said:

Yes, yours was from the second batch my dealer received, it seems only the very first batch had the problem.  Shipping from NZ to USA seemed to go smoothly and quite quick for you  The first batch I'm talking about appear to be a small very first batch Coiltek made, they only went to Australia and NZ it seems, all other's seemed to get a later batch where they'd made the hole the right size. 

I imagine the very first batch with the problem was quite a small batch.  That's the punishment I get for being an early adopter I guess 😉

Shipment from this NZ dealer was faster than some domestic transactions I have made.  I was quite impressed!  I would have been in the same boat as you, had the coils been readily available.  I paid a bit of a premium for this coil, but couldn't be more pleased.

For me, pinpointing with this 10X5 was much easier than the 11 inch and 6 inch, in that order.  I don't know why, but I sometimes struggled with pinpointing on the OEM coils; I had zero issues this weekend with the Coiltek.

• Like 3

Got one more short hunt in, the ticks are getting really bad. Despite my use of Cutter, they drop from the trees now. Got tagged 2 more times. 😵

8"+ down, unrecognizable wheat, a faint 21/22. I cannot wait to try this coil at the beach.20210625_135343.thumb.jpg.193b3bd41e7090dcfd78d809e889c010.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

D**n ticks🤬! They need to hurry up with the vaccine! Than one less thing to worry about!!

.  With my luck, by the time I add another coil for the Nox, a new model (Nox2.0) will be released!😁 👍👍

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Joe D. said:

D**n ticks🤬! They need to hurry up with the vaccine! Than one less thing to worry about!!

.  With my luck, by the time I add another coil for the Nox, a new model will be released!😁 👍👍

They're coming Joe - seen some rumblings. My only hope is that they are not V2... 😵🤣

• Like 1