Video Showing Eqx 800 Over 10.5” Deep Dime Using Park 1 Multi Freq And 4 Khz Varying Gb

This field checked previously using Fisher F75 multiple places.  Ground reads 2 or 3 bars in spots checks.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

• Tnsharpshooter changed the title to Video Showing Eqx 800 Over 10.5” Deep Dime Using Park 1 Multi Freq And 4 Khz Varying Gb

13 minutes ago, midalake said:

Is there a reason you did not try tracking GB, at least in F-1? 

No special reason.  If I would have used tracking I would have still had to GB detector using auto GB or manual GB.  Sure couldn’t start GB at 0 and let track.  By doing video would have been real long as EQuinox tracks slow at least on 1-3 bars Fisher F75 ground.  I did video showing this some time back.  

I can’t say how having tracking on, how this compares on land versus  say in salt water.  No sea water near me.

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• By UT Dave
      I'd like to increase my knowledge and skill in tuning my Nox 800 for specific conditions.
      Those of you who tune your machines off the factory defaults, please share what you have!  Not what your settings are, but how you arrive at those settings.
      For instance, is there a relationship between different settings, such, that a preferred order of operations is suggested for optimal results?  I noise cancel, then ground grab, then adjust sensitivity.  FE2, Recovery, Threshold, is there a best practice for the order in which they are set?
      How do you know when you should increase or decrease FE2 or Recovery?  What factors or indicators go into that decision?
      I've arrived at my current default beginning state, by trying to make things first "worse" in my test garden.  By adjusting each setting individually up and down though the full range of adjustment, noting whether signal got better or worse at each step, to get what I considered the best signal on a deep silver coin.  But doing so in a controlled situation with a known target like that is one thing, knowing how to read variable conditions and how to tune accordingly is quite another.
      How do you make your tuning decisions in the field?  What are the settings you most frequently find need adjusted to accommodate search conditions?
      - Dave
    • By calabash digger
      We hit a Colonial site today that will be lost to development this week.  Sorry about the pics left the finds in my pouch. We are losing sites here at a very fast pace.

• By Rob Allison
      Hello All,
          I have a lot of video footage and pictures from earlier this season, mostly around the Summer time.  I'm just getting some free time to get some of the stuff uploaded and posted.  I figured this would be a nice nugget to post and see right before the Thanksgiving weekend.  This piece was found under about a foot of hardpack, caliche gravels.  This particular gold nuggets, as seen in the video was wedged in a bedrock crack/crevice.  Just makes you think how many years (hundreds, thousands?) this piece has been hiding there.  
      The nugget was difficult to remove from hand tools as we didn't want to damage the piece not knowing the actual size or shape.  We ended up using a Hammer Drill with a chisel bit to extract the gold nugget.  
      The nugget ended up weighing right at 1/4 ounce solid.  We also found another smaller one, about 1/2 Gram in the same crack prior to this piece.  I dug the first smaller one out, but knew it was way too loud of a signal on the GPZ 7000 for it to be that small nugget.  Low and behold, we scanned over the spot again and the signal was pretty much just as load as originally.  
      Tool used were the Minelab GPZ 7000, Minelab GPX 6000, Garrett AT Pinpointer, hand tools, picks and the Hammer Drill.  
      Here is a short video below of the gold nugget find and extraction.  Wishing you all a Happy Thanksgiving.  Thanks God we are able to enjoy such a wonderful hobby searching for gold.
      P.S.  If you enjoy these video, Subscribe to our Nuggethunting channel to follow us.  
      Thanks for watching.  Any comments are appreciated.  

• By Veisal
      Here are some improvements to the ergonomics of the minelab equinox 600/800 made with a 3D printer 

• By Momokahn
      Just like the college sports transfer portal, I too have decided to change my mind.😁  I was set on buying the new NM Legend.  Instead I visited a local MD dealer today and had a chance to test drive the dealers Equinox 800. The Equinox 800 checked every box and then some.  It will get me where I want to be in metal detecting.  The dealer was pretty impressed on how I was able to navigate through the controllers menus and settings. It is on order and will be here next week.  Now for the "goodies" getting thrown in for free.  Both editions of Andy Sabisch's Handbooks on the Equinox 600/800, a Minelab Hat (I love hats), and any magazine, current or past editions that are in stock.  And there are a lot in stock.  Excited is an understatement.
    • By Smithsgold
      Yuba River Crevice Detecting for Gold Nuggets 
      Me and Gary head back to Mother Yuba in search of Gold Nuggets and are joined by Tim from Blue lead Gold Productions.
      Let's Find some Gold on Mother Yuba !!!
      We are armed with the Minelab SDC 2300 and the White's Gold Master V-Sat that gives us both a Pulse Induction detector and a VLF detector.
      While me and Gary clear the boulders off Bedrock to detect Tim gets right to Sluicing with his Angus MacKirk Sluice box.
      The Yuba is known for it's small Gold so he should do pretty good !!!
      Moving those Boulders is hard work but that's what needs to happen to expose the Bedrock Crevices and get those Nuggets in our pockets !!!
      Yuba River Crevice Detecting for Gold Nuggets
      SG 047