Xp Video - Key To Successful Metal Detecting

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 67GTA said:

I couldn't stop cringing at his swing techniqueūüė≤

I thought his swing technique was really pretty good considering he really had the lower shaft extended a bit too far. Otherwise he was working around those young plants pretty well.

Maybe someday I will go to the UK and detect...........otherwise, this video did very little for me.

I did like the way he used his legs as props for his detector and shovel as he bent over with his pinpointer. Perhaps some sort of hardpoints on the cargo pants could facilitate.

He might be covering 7 feet per swing with that lower shaft extended, but only effectively detecting about a 3 foot path directly in front of him. Especially if the target is small or deeper.

• Like 1

The mentality behind detecting has to be different across the pond. Over there you basically have to get permission and walk around swinging. There are either potential good sites, or known good sites where people have already found stuff. There is not a lot of info as to where all the roman or celtic sites were located. Contrast that with the US where the majority of our few hundred years of detectable history is either mapped or written.