Child On Detector Prospector

Metal Detecto

Yup. 13 yr old! I started when I was 12, and I live in San Jose, Ca, but I am right now in Korea (with my Metal detector, of course.) 

Thank you in advanced for the welcomes! 🙂 (my detectors are in my gear-used)

Josh 

• Like 3

Well , 13  with some international detecting experience ,,,AND a songwriter ?

I like you already ! 

You have good taste in detectors too,,,If you have any detecting videos or pics of finds ,especially in your current location I'm sure everybody would like to see 'em ! I bet you have some nice finds of things many of us have never seen...Could put a strain on our resident "item identifiers" LOL

Welcome aboard Metal Detecto !from this old Pie ratt

• Like 2

12 hours ago, rvpopeye said:

Well , 13  with some international detecting experience ,,,AND a songwriter ?

I like you already ! 

You have good taste in detectors too,,,If you have any detecting videos or pics of finds ,especially in your current location I'm sure everybody would like to see 'em ! I bet you have some nice finds of things many of us have never seen...Could put a strain on our resident "item identifiers" LOL

Welcome aboard Metal Detecto !from this old Pie ratt

Questionable songs, and about the guy I see with a Ctx on the beach. LOL (I evidently forsake my pride and scram...) 

I do want to film, but I think that stopping at every target, calling out the vdi's, digging, turning off the camera, etc (point said, it's kinda a lot for 13...) 

And guess what! There's other people in Korea, with much more experience (and a head start). I thought this was my ground... Will see. 

Josh 

• Like 2

Well, if this is true, than Welcome to the Forum MD!!

We will try and watch our P's and Q's, (we do anyway) since you would probably be the youngest member ever!? Steve or Chase may ask for some ID at some point, or parents permission!? 😁 This may be new territory!!?? Now go find some treasure!!🍀👍👍

On 6/27/2021 at 9:46 AM, Joe D. said:

Well, if this is true, than Welcome to the Forum MD!!

We will try and watch our P's and Q's, (we do anyway) since you would probably be the youngest member ever!? Steve or Chase may ask for some ID at some point, or parents permission!? 😁 This may be new territory!!?? Now go find some treasure!!🍀👍👍

Not sure who Chase or Steve is at the moment, but on different forums I do get questioned about my identity... for the record, I truly am 13.

Josh 

(and yes, I do have parent permission to be on forums like these) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Metal Detecto said:

Not sure who Chase or Steve is at the moment, but on different forums I do get questioned about my identity... for the record, I truly am 13.

Josh 

(and yes, I do have parent permission to be on forums like these) 

Welcome Metal Detecto!

"Chase Goldman" is the stand-in admin while Steve Herschbach, the forum owner, is on walkabout in Alaska. Poke around to see what they post. "Chase" mentored me a bit, we live fairly close.

You seem to be a bright young man, great to see someone starting so early. Lots of great stuff going on here, usually on the weekends because most of us work. There are retirees like me who are out a lot.

Happy Hunting to you. Hope to see some posts of what you discover out there! It would be fascinating to see finds from Korea.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Glad to see a young person like yourself pursuing the detecting hobby. Welcome to the forum!!!! 

• Like 2

Wish I started when I was 13...just think of all the stuff of I  could have found....good luck and post your finds! 

strick

• Like 2

• The title was changed to Child On Detector Prospector