GPX 6000 U.S. Owners Reports

What was the weight of the biggest nugget at 12 inches? Excellent day! Flys have gotten bad here to for some reason, not the norm at all.

I also see that you are selling your SDC. Being that you’re a user of one, like I’ve been for a long time, are you finding that the threshold is similar to that or is it something completely different? It seems that on the videos that I have seen that the threshold seems very much like the SDC. Which is really squirrley and you’ll learn to listen through it. Did you ever try to just get rid of the threshold using that option on the 6000?  I’m wondering if it might save some of the headache and constant noise canceling.

• Like 2

yeah....what's up with the $%^& flies...!!!!!!!  Biggest one on the left in pic was 1.78g at an honest 12".  My sdc runs thru that exact location many times and very stable....I'll miss that.  This 6 running minimum sense just goes nuts like you've already seen in a lot of vids?  Seems to maintain some stability while swinging/hunting but if it gets near your boots, pick, or set it on the ground it'll start it's BS?  I've only got a few hrs in so maybe with time I can figure out what I need to do to settle the thing down some?  I did not try the silent thing or try using the headphones....in time.

One thing for sure and along with most others opinions....this baby will definitely ad some life to hammered locations, without a doubt...!!!!

• Like 7

Headed out at dark-thirty and got started at daylight for 5 hrs before the heat.  Had a plan to stay on a road with my slippers on instead of my usual high top metal in boot work boots to see if the metal in the boots may have contributed to my terrible unstable threshold?  Threshold acted better today but still goes whackamo but not as frequent....metal free boots will have to come soon. Todays 5 bits weighed a whopping .645g and as you can see the 6 gets the Monster sized tinys actually better and deeper than the Monster..no shit!  I dug more of the tiniest wire bits today at greater depth that it still amazes me (and pisses me off)....anyways, very impressive on the tiniest stuff.  Also tried the silent threshold but feel I need to hear the threshold for when the machine goes whackamo?  I'll get it figured with more time....

gpx5.JPG

• Like 9

On 7/3/2021 at 2:29 PM, oneguy said:

contributed to my terrible unstable threshold?

Hi Oneguy, just wondering if you have anything on you that could contribute to the EMI, like a cell phone or GPS device? But it might also be the area where you are in. The 6000 threshold can go nuts if an EMI source is around, but the noise cancel usually helps quite a bit. When the coil lies flat on the ground without movement, does it get better? Backing off with the sensitivity followed by frequent noise cancels and strict coil control (slow swing speed, keeping coil height steady and with flat coil angle) helps a lot for me. Plan B would be to change to the 14DD. Regarding metal, I definitely recommend metal free boots and keep the pick away from the coil. But metal interferences will sound very different to EMI, more like a howling similar to what you would get from ground saturation if the gain is too high.

GC

• Like 2

Don`t know if my 2 bobs worth is of any use to you folks in the US, but I mostly simply run in Sens Auto +, let the 6000s internals do its magic. Also don`t dismiss the "no threshold" "Bogenes" , with of course as stated by all good slow coil control. Ensure there is no moisture (or dirt) under coil cover, because that will send it nuts sloshing around in the weight saving cavity. I`ll be adhering a coil cover made of simply cut 1mm thick PC sheet (used to make fighter plane canopies) as per norm for all my coils, when I getroundtoit.

The 6000 is a most powerful piece of lightweight productive armory for us crazy gold detectorsorists, I just love it and look at my neglected Z/X combos with guilty shame.😉

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Norvic said:

Don`t know if my 2 bobs worth is of any use to you folks in the US, but I mostly simply run in Sens Auto +, let the 6000s internals do its magic. Also don`t dismiss the "no threshold" "Bogenes" , with of course as stated by all good slow coil control. Ensure there is no moisture (or dirt) under coil cover, because that will send it nuts sloshing around in the weight saving cavity. I`ll be adhering a coil cover made of simply cut 1mm thick PC sheet (used to make fighter plane canopies) as per norm for all my coils, when I getroundtoit.

The 6000 is a most powerful piece of lightweight productive armory for us crazy gold detectorsorists, I just love it and look at my neglected Z/X combos with guilty shame.😉

Well said Norvic! Bogenes is always my friend of last resort. A good friend I shall say, in particular for the 7000. I always put coil tape around the 11 inch, not something I am keen to do but it helps in keeping the dirt out. Also, since there seems to be no spare skid plates available in the US I am careful because I usually change the cover when I clean the coil, and thenit just does not fit anymore tightly once it has come off once. Would love to have a coil cover of yours. Would be willing to trade for exquisite espresso from Italy 😁 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2