GPX 6000 U.S. Owners Reports

11 hours ago, phrunt said:

Seeing you're hunting in Manual 1 at times and the target signal is significantly less volume but still very apparent

Hi Phrunt.  Nope, no SPO1 at this stage.  I had been waiting for the SPO2 for the QED but the QED is gone so that's irrelevant now.  And haven't seen Pat on any of the forums lately either - don't know where the SPO2 got to?  

Using the Bluetooth receiver and using my preferred ear buds I actually have the Volume on the GPX6 turned down to its lowest level.  This is regardless of what Manual or Auto Sensitivity setting I am in.   It is actually too loud if turned up.  On a really windy day or near running water I am thinking I might need to turn it up by 1 notch but that would be it.   

Perhaps the combination of not using the speaker and having the GPX6 volume right down may be why I am having very few issues with EMI except for when I am near to an obvious source?  

It will be interesting to see what settings I can run in when I am in W.A. in a while and (I am guessing) miles away from any EMI sources.   In saying that I am unsure how close I will be to mine sites and I dare say they might be little oasis of terrible EMI?  🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Gold Catcher said:Although the 6/11 is not designed for outright depth, it nevertheless should be somewhat useful for deeper gold as well.  But this will of course be more of an issue when using the 17 inch coil where dialing back on gain might defeat the purpose of using a big mono.

Actually it is designed for outright depth.  It has 4 out of 5 stars as compared to the Z on the star chart.  Doc wrote a very compelling article over on Rob’s forum and kind of describes how that is.  I found it very interesting.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks, I will have it read. I think it will definitely capture more depth than the SDC, but my first impression is that the primary focus appears to be shallow to medium depth, at least with the 11 in. It is an absolute killer there. In contrast, the Z was primary designed for power and depth outright. Lets see how the 17 in will measure up compared to the Z in depth. Our aussie mates should be able to tell, I think it's already available there but I could be wrong.  My guess is that in mild soil the 17 in mono should punch deep. For high mineralization however the ZVT could have an edge with DOD or concentric

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Gold Catcher said:

I think it will definitely capture more depth than the SDC, 

It definitely is deeper than the SDC....but not near as stable in my areas.

Took some pics of todays 5 hr. hunt but managed to somehow delete them after I threw em in the nugg jugg....duh!!!!

Anyways.... got 6 bits today for .847 gram. The deepest nugg was .360 at 10" (could have called it 11" but want to be honest and conservative)....I was impressed!  EMI was an on-off thing today again but not too bad and something I can learn to live with. Hunted in Manual 1 all day, had headphones to try but never got around to it.  Had planes overhead and some caused EMI and once again...some didn't?  All the areas I've hunted are previously hit by myself and others. Have used both my machines several times before using the 6 in these areas.  Impressed with the 6 and the whole emi thing is just nature of the sensitive beast the 6 is and just something each individual will have to deal with depending on the ground you're hunting?  So far nothing substantial weight wise but 5 hunts with the 6 (20hrs?/ 22 bits) and just under 7 gram with the 6.    jmho....

PS...starting to get smokey from fires....here we go again.

• Like 6

10 hours ago, Gold Catcher said:

I think it's already available there but I could be wrong. 

Unfortunately not yet re: the 17”.  

• Thanks 1

No nuggs today...exploring more than anything but did turn up these specimens the property owners will be happy to see....

Ida discovery.JPG

• Like 8

17 hours ago, Bishop said:

really like the gold in quartz. did you detect that?

GPX6000.....