GPX 6000 U.S. Owners Reports

1 hour ago, Gold Catcher said:

Would love to have a coil cover of yours. Would be willing to trade for exquisite espresso from Italy 😁 

Aye, our mobs downunder here that grow/make our coffees come from Italy, (same as our vinos) thus when you get downunder here you can have an ItalianOz Expresso or vino, they don`t get any better......😉

But the PC (polycarbonate) coil cover is no secret you can buy a rolled up sheet of it from a hardware store (not Perspex), just search back on DP for another Oz by handle of Phoenix, back a year or two he gave full instructions in a thread. PC is tough as nails and easy to cut/work but ensure you rough it up with coarse sandpaper to ensure the adhesive adheres properly. Lasts for yonks is much tougher and lighter than plastic coil covers, in fact the sheet I have is only 0.8mm thick and is ample. You cut it (with snips (Wiss?) about 1/4" radius bigger than coil to protect from banging rocks, easy as....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, Norvic said:

thus when you get downunder here you can have an ItalianOz Expresso or vino, they don`t get any better......😉

Sounds good, then I don't have to bring any for an upcoming joined mission (hopefully in 2022) 😁🤠

• Like 1

Nah, GC just rock up with a good pair of boots and lots of crazy enthusiasm....😉 and a 6K of coz...

• Like 1

One of the benefits of prospecting in parts of Western Australia is a lot of areas have little to no aircraft flying overhead……it’s rare to see a contrail.

By looking at Flightradar over the USA is something entirely different…….I’m guessing this generates a great deal of EMI ?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, oneguy said:

PS....at the end of my hunt I'm headed towards the quad with the mini-monster, pick, and the 6.  In my slippers I stumble on some scree and down I go. As I was going down I had enough geo-sense to sacrafice the pick and mini-monster taking a hard hit and kept the 6 from taking a hit.  

was deer hunting with a friend once in the higher elevations of Utah...we jumped a nice buck and to run forward about 20 meters through thick aspens for a better view and in the process my buddy takes a stumble with his Wetherby 7 mag that had an  intricately engraved wooden stock...his elbows looked like hamburger but the gun did not have a scratch anywhere...despite his misadventure he was quite happy about the gun...the buck was even happier as we never did see it again.  

strick

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Tony said:

By looking at Flightradar over the USA is something entirely different…….I’m guessing this generates a great deal of EMI ?

With this new 6 I'm starting to figure this airplane crap out?  never noticed it with the SDC and never even considered it may be a problem in the middle of nowhere? Couldn't believe how many planes were flying around overhead? To be honest I haven't used PI much.  With much of the shallow and Monster sized gold already got it's time to step it up with much more PI work.... writing is on the wall......

34 minutes ago, strick said:

his elbows looked like hamburger but the gun did not have a scratch anywhere... 

strick

lol.....yeah I also had the bloody left forearm today.  I'm old and tired and generally take at least one tumble per hunt, some worse than others....lmao!

Boy with it going crazy with airplanes I am thinking it might not work near some power lines.  I have a nice patch that is close to some where i could hear a little emi trouble with both the Z and SDC.

On 7/4/2021 at 2:36 PM, Bishop said:

I am very happy with the detector
going to run over some new ground tomorrow, maybe some bigger bits and less trash on fresh ground.
side note for Skookum. you and i worked the 2 pesos patch. we should get together for a hunt.

Awesome finds. So you ended up getting one! I was wondering if you might. Mine is sitting here burning a hole in it’s box. It’s driving me nuts. BTW, I think I found your nickel about a month ago, too. 😂. We should team up and cover some ground.