Got A Somewhat Growed Up Old House Site You Want To Detect In Late Spring And Summer? Check This Out.

This outfit here is the REAL deal.  Can cut quite a few square feet in little time if site not overly grown up.

• Like 6

• Tnsharpshooter changed the title to Got A Somewhat Growed Up Old House Site You Want To Detect In Late Spring And Summer? Check This Out.

I think your selling it on the wrong website Tnss! Where's the coil!?😂 

I've got about 400 ft. of hedges, and bushes to trim every month now; can ya come on down to S.F. and help me out this summer!? I'll supply the beer! And EMS is very close, if needed!😜👍👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I use onea these on the tall stuff:

a9be88f9-f15a-481f-9e3d-d227b4fa8ed5.thumb.jpeg.774dddf3331019dcbd51e4dbbe936073.jpeg

And this bad boy for the rest of it. 😀20210515_182855.thumb.jpg.174336891f172c162f4710e14fb1087d.jpg

• Like 1
  • Oh my! 1

1 hour ago, Joe D. said:

I think you selling it on the wrong website Tnss! Where's the coil!?😂 

I've got about 400 ft. Of hedges, and bushes to trim every month now; can ya come on down to S.F. and help me out this summer!? I'll supply the beer! And EMS is very close, if needed!😜👍👍

Unit does have a coil.  On the engine.   This is only subforum here to to post what I did I reckon.  It does work.  Hard to detect with 6”, 8”, or even 10” of grass or weeds.  Person can use to cut down areas (smaller) where they have had success in past, like higher iron areas, near sidewalks, etc.  It makes it difficult to hunt all places one wants having such a compressed schedule caused by green up.  One could use this unit at night too,  I have.  I even detected at night sometimes in the summer due to heat.

Sometimes a lot of older coins can be detected in smaller areas too where lots of iron and or modern trash exists.  A test bed could be kept trimmed down too for one testing detectors.  Not possible or smart sometimes for a test bed to be placed in a manicured yard.

There are lots of things metal detectorist uses that don’t have coils too.

So this falls in general chat as far as I am concerned.  This entire thread can be deleted is one deems necessary and fitting too.  All I do is share things I have done or equipment I use.  And I don’t charge one red cent.

Some folks may even have a nice fishing hole on the bank full of taller weeds and grass.  This rig will fix that and fast.  I have done this also for folks.  And some on fishing holes spots even on the corps of engineers lakes here in Tn.

This rig does fit in the back of side by side vehicle (2 halves) if one needs to transport into more distant remote site.

Cheers.

Have a nice day.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Tnsharpshooter said:

Unit does have a coil.  On the engine.   This is only subforum here to to post what I did I reckon.  It does work.  Hard to detect with 6”, 8”, or even 10” of grass or weeds.  Person can use to cut down areas (smaller) where they have had success in past, like higher iron areas, near sidewalks, etc.  It makes it difficult to hunt all places one wants having such a compressed schedule caused by green up.  One could use this unit at night too,  I have.  I even detected at night sometimes in the summer due to heat.

Sometimes a lot of older coins can be detected in smaller areas too where lots of iron and or modern trash exists.  A test bed could be kept trimmed down too for one testing detectors.  Not possible or smart sometimes for a test bed to be placed in a manicured yard.

There are lots of things metal detectorist uses that don’t have coils too.

So this falls in general chat as far as I am concerned.  This entire thread can be deleted is one deems necessary and fitting too.  All I do is share things I have done or equipment I use.  And I don’t charge one red cent.

Some folks may even have a nice fishing hole on the bank full of taller weeds and grass.  This rig will fix that and fast.  I have done this also for folks.  And some on fishing holes spots even on the corps of engineers lakes here in Tn.

This rig does fit in the back of side by side vehicle (2 halves) if one needs to transport into more distant remote site.

Cheers.

Have a nice day.

I totally agree, that's why I'm using my battery hedge trimmer and beast of a lawn mower (it's a a Ferris with 4w independent suspension) to maintain most of my riverboat landing permission. They bush hog it once a year but it grows back fast. A regular mower wouldn't make it down that road.

• Like 1

You know I'm just ribbing ya TN!!

That is a great machine with all the attachments to use on it! I gave up on gas powered, except for my mower! They never last for me!😔 So I keep using the corded trimmers, until I wear them out! (Everything else is battery!) I go thru about one a year!  And several electric cords; as i always manage to cut them with the trimmers!🤯 🤣 But I still have all my fingers!!🖐😂 

I wasn't kidding about how much trimming I have to do! Stupid me planted waaaaay too many plants; about a 100 ft. of which is Bougainvillea!🤕  My 5 year house ended up being my 23 year house! That will be my second retirement soon!🤞; from the yardwork!🥵👍👍

• Haha 2

Weight the same as a 3030? 🙂

I know some meadows that would be really handy in though, trouble is permissions.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Joe D. said:

You know I'm just ribbing ya TN!!

That is a great machine with all the attachments to use on it! I gave up on gas powered, except for my mower! They never last for me!😔 So I keep using the corded trimmers, until I wear them out! (Everything else is battery!) I go thru about one a year!  And several electric cords; as i always manage to cut them with the trimmers!🤯 🤣 But I still have all my fingers!!🖐😂 

I wasn't kidding about how much trimming I have to do! Stupid me planted waaaaay too many plants; about a 100 ft. of which is Bougainvillea!🤕  My 5 year house ended up being my 23 year house! That will be my second retirement soon!🤞; from the yardwork!🥵👍👍

I am not upset.  I know Steve runs a tight ship here.  I sure don’t want to do anything to get me kicked off here.  Too nice a place to hang out.  People here are nice too.  Like I said, Steve or even Chase now it seems, if either want to mox nix this thread.  I won’t be upset.  Sometimes threads not directly tied to detecting gives us a chance to talk about some things besides detecting and become even better acquainted.

cheers

David

I read your posts Joe.  Keep em coming.

Btw, I would pay to be member here.  If that’s what it took. 

• Like 2

Thanks TN,

No worries!!👍  He/They are pretty good at  differentiating bad posts! I do not think yours is one! It ties in nicely with being able to locate and clear places to detect! Now, it may be relocated, but that's ok! Sometimes it's hard to find the most applicable heading on the forum by us users, for something we want to let everyone know about!

Steve, at his discretion, can always make more subject headings if he sees a need!

I think Chase will have his hands full from outside threats! Us insiders will help where we can, to protect Steve's baby!! 

Thanks Steve, and Chase!!🏆👍👍

• Like 2