Announcing The New Makro Racer 2!

I am writing something up that may help and will post soon so stand by.

The short answer for me personally I have chosen to go 56 kHz Gold Racer for gold nuggets and jewelry, and 14 kHz Racer 2 for jewelry and coins. If I was trying to replace both with one detector, it would be the 19 kHz FORS Relic to do it all.

On 3/13/2016 at 10:34 AM, Steve Herschbach said:

I am writing something up that may help and will post soon so stand by.

The short answer for me personally I have chosen to go 56 kHz Gold Racer for gold nuggets and jewelry, and 14 kHz Racer 2 for jewelry and coins. If I was trying to replace both with one detector, it would be the 19 kHz FORS Relic to do it all.

Thanks, Steve. Looking forward to your write up.

Dean

You've written some very apt responses to this thread Steve, thanks! From your no-nonsense approach to analyzing how detectors work and from your arms-length assessment of their capabilities, I've learned more from your evaluations of various detectors than any other material I've read anywhere else. Nicely done and thanks for the hours of extra time you dedicate to doing your write-ups and your research.

All the best,

Lanny

• Like 1

Thanks Lanny, I appreciate that. I try to be even handed, but I do have a weakness in my own excitability. I get my hands on a new detector and get all gaga over it. My enthusiasm then can get a bit over the top and sound like some crazy sales pitch. When the reality is I don't care what or if other people buy at all. I really am just burbling on in a steam of consciousness way about what is crossing my mind. There never is any actual intent other than to be informative and maybe a bit entertaining. Just like you I suspect and so I thank you also for all your many contributions.

• Like 1

On ‎3‎/‎9‎/‎2016 at 11:02 AM, nvchris said:

Taking pre orders now, like Steve said they should hit the shores in about a week.

10% discount for forum members!

Chris

Dealers, if your not able to see them on the distributes site, a slight glitch.

Select the "shop by brand" tab, not the "metal detector" tab.

JOKE#  Gotta support this forums somhow mate!

20 hours ago, DDancer said:

JOKE#  Gotta support this forums somhow mate!

Ya, I post this 10% off on social media, hopefully is spreads the word about this great forum!

Steve is a "golden asset" to the detecting community!

• Like 3

The Racer 2 is working really well in that Video, But there is one thing I would like to see changed on the machine  and that is Giving it a matt screen cover/lens because when the light from above hits it It makes it real hard to see the screen being too reflective. just a thought not being negative just an observation.

john

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, auminesweeper said:

The Racer 2 is working really well in that Video, But there is one thing I would like to see changed on the machine  and that is Giving it a matt screen cover/lens because when the light from above hits it It makes it real hard to see the screen being too reflective. just a thought not being negative just an observation.

john

First time hearing this feedback...thank you!!! 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Nokta Detectors said:

First time hearing this feedback...thank you!!! 

The Good thing about a matt screen is they also hide fine scratches from muddy fingers which keeps it looking smarter and more readable for longer.

Hope you don't mind me pointing that out,

john