Announcing The New Makro Racer 2!

I am mainly interested in the Racer 2 as a jewelry and coin detector, but having used the original Racer I know it will also be a good nugget hunting VLF. Actually a bit better than the F75 in that regard as when you get right down to the edge the F75 is more prone to incorrectly identify a very small or very deep non-ferrous target as ferrous. The Racers flip it around and are more conservative, so you may tend to dig a little more ferrous trash with one but have less chance of missing the gold.

makro-racer-2-lcd-display-screen-controls.jpg

makro-racer-2-stock-11-x-7-dd-coil.jpg

• Like 1

Wondering if it would be a dealer of the racer 2 be at the GPAA gold show next month but no reply. I'd like to see if the other detector it's been so much talk about be there too. I myself will show up there just to see both.  

Maybe I need to ask Markro if the Racer 2 will be out soon Soon as in next month. Well you didn't see any question marks. I'm not asking but I do want to know .haha

Chuck

So Chuck, you talking the GPAA Phoenix Gold Show on March 11-13?

I would think you have a good shot at seeing both the MX Sport and Racer 2 at the show, at least on day one. Thing is Rob Allison and Chris Porter are both Makro dealers, and so far no comment?

Part of the problem is neither machine is being marketed as a prospecting detector and you will note the lack of interest on the "prospecting forums". My interests in detectors are wider ranging so I latch on to new machines like these with great interest and use the forum threads as self study sessions. I posted the VDI chart above for me! Yet if these machines are not generating phone calls at the prospecting shops I can understand that. However, I happen to know any 14 kHz made the days actually makes for a pretty decent prospecting VLF and the MX Sport and Racer 2 will serve just fine in that department for owners that have them.

As a retailer you face a challenge in that by offering too many options you can actually confuse people and hurt sales. It is also hard to train salespeople to know many machines well. I am a rarity in that department, eating and breathing detectors like I do. So most retailers are wise to focus on a set of machines that provide simple answers to simple desires. Tossing more new machines into the mix at a steady clip is nothing but an inventory headache developing for many dealers.

At one time every year in Texas you could find a Treasure Show that was for the coin hunters. I don't know what stop first the dealers are the people coming. Now I look but haven't seen any in a very long time.

The State of Texas hasn't help none. You can't hunt on State Park land are on that national sea shore. Anything that's got Texas written on it you better walk away are go to jail.

Chuck

Thanks Rick, I fixed the link. Seems a lot of prospectors don't do Facebook!

Most coin detectors these days are shown at gun shows or other sporting goods type shows. The Shot Show in Las Vegas has been a big venue for some detector manufacturers as of late.

Anyway Chuck, Chris Ralph will probably at the GPAA Phoenix Gold Show but I have no plans to be there myself. I will however be at the GPAA Las Vegas Show next weekend and of course the ICMJ Mining Summit in April.

Word now it's the Racer 2 will begin shipping to distributors on March 4th, and dealers here in the U.S. after the distributor is able to get the product to them. So it would be pretty tight for there to be any at Phoenix show but not impossible.