Announcing The New Makro Racer 2!

• 2 weeks later...

I ask Rob if he would have the Racer 2 at the gold show next weekend and he said no. He had been asking about it but nothing so far. He will have the Racer and the Gold Racer if one wants.

Chuck 

There is two are more videos on the MD-hunter blog on the Racer 2 that I know I haven't seen. I wish someone would move them over to here. I'm just short on how to do it.

Chuck

I go back to watch them and they are gone.

Chuck

PS Well I went back and found it. The one I was interested in is by Keith Southern . It's a air test on the Racer 2. It may have been on here but I haven't seen it.. 

Racer 2 units are on the way to the U.S. now but just not quite soon enough to make that Phoenix show unfortunately. I just don't know that it is that big of a deal though for dealers as I would assume most people there would be more interested in the Gold Racer. I think the Racer 2 would make a fine nugget machine but to me it appears to be a near perfect jewelry machine for anything but salt water, and ok for that also.

Machines like a CTX 3030 being multifrequency have an edge in salt water, but tend to give up a bit on ear rings and thin gold chains as a result. The Racer 2 will be better on those items than a CTX but not quite as good in salt water. Put the two together and with the CTX being waterproof you have a killer jewelry combo. The Racer 2 has really got me motivated to jump back hard into my jewelry detecting. I slacked off in that department last year.

For me the exciting feature on the Racer 2 is the dual tone break options which along with the custom audio lets you choose three custom zones each with any tone you care to set. This is a very rare capability available in only a few detectors. The fine degree of notching control will allow for precise rejection of any one particular aluminum item that might prove problematic in a given area. For me the fact I might be able to coin hunt with it is almost a bonus.

• Like 1