Mi 6 Program Questions

Kelpike

I'm using the MI 6 with the Orx. It starts off in program 2 out of the box and shows that on the remote screen. When you change it to program 7 does that show on the top of the screen on the remote? I've played around with changing programs and 7 will not show. Am I not understanding program 7? What programs do you guys prefer to use and why?

• 2 months later...

• The title was changed to Mi 6 Program Questions
On 6/27/2021 at 11:25 AM, Kelpike said:

I'm using the MI 6 with the Orx. It starts off in program 2 out of the box and shows that on the remote screen. When you change it to program 7 does that show on the top of the screen on the remote? I've played around with changing programs and 7 will not show. Am I not understanding program 7? What programs do you guys prefer to use and why?

When in doubt read the manual.  See below.  You appear to be confusing the built-in programs on the pinpointer vs. the ability to customize how the pinpointer behaves when paired with the Orx controller.  When paired with the Orx controller, the Mi6 is considered to be in Program 7.  However, once paired with the Orx controller (in Mi6 mode 7) you have a choice of 3 (not 7) preset programs using the Orx controller for programming how the pinpointer behaves or create a 4th custom program if you desire.  The default is "Program 2" but you can further modify and save changes to sensitivity and audio and store them in customization Program 4 or use preset pinpointer Program 1 or 3, as desired.  Don't confuse these customized programs with the 6 standalone program modes of the Mi6 or Program 7 which is used to pair the Mi6 to the Orx or Deus - see the Note in the Orx manual pasted below. HTH

SmartSelect_20210904-141819_Drive.jpg

SmartSelect_20210904-141309_Drive.jpg

• Like 1

On 9/4/2021 at 2:29 PM, Chase Goldman said:

When in doubt read the manual.  See below.  You appear to be confusing the built-in programs on the pinpointer vs. the ability to customize how the pinpointer behaves when paired with the Orx controller.  When paired with the Orx controller, the Mi6 is considered to be in Program 7.  However, once paired with the Orx controller (in Mi6 mode 7) you have a choice of 3 (not 7) preset programs using the Orx controller for programming how the pinpointer behaves or create a 4th custom program if you desire.  The default is "Program 2" but you can further modify and save changes to sensitivity and audio and store them in customization Program 4 or use preset pinpointer Program 1 or 3, as desired.  Don't confuse these customized programs with the 6 standalone program modes of the Mi6 or Program 7 which is used to pair the Mi6 to the Orx or Deus - see the Note in the Orx manual pasted below. HTH

SmartSelect_20210904-141819_Drive.jpg

SmartSelect_20210904-141309_Drive.jpg

Hi, I had read it a number of times but I guess I just wasn't understanding it. Thank you for the reply, I think I understand it now. I have been using it in program 4 and I don't even know how I created that program. I did try to use it in standalone with another detector on the hottest day we had this year and I must have messed up the settings. I will try to reset it and start over. Thanks again.