Old Untouched Park Turf Found

We have a small park in my town that has been here since late 1800s , no one has hunted this that I know of including me, didnt want to stir up any of the garden club members so I left it alone.Last summer they completely redesigned the park (maybe 1/2 acre) they removed all the sod and put down all new sod.

Never gave it a second thought until last week my father in law said we should try to find what they did with all the turf, I called a buddy that hauled it off in a dump truck, he told me where it was out of town 1 mile. I went out to my new find that day, and there it was all spread out like he said. I saw someone parked near the area that lives here also , I was getting my DFX out and he came over to see what I was doing . I told him the story of the park sod that was all to myself now, not having any idea that he had a brand new old Minelab in the box still. (Explorer 2) bought it on eBay was going to resell, didn't know how to run it. He followed me while I started picking coins up pretty regular, then he left next thing I know he is back and with his detector right beside me asking how to run it. I told him I wasn't familiar with it, still following me yakking with his minelab making all kinds of racket. I couldn't even tell what my machine was doing.

He did find 2 coins and his battery was going dead, he said he didn't have the charger to charge it back up wants me to find him a charger so he can hunt my new find. I am laughing about this ordeal but I'm a little slow to find him this charger. Out of town nobody out here to bother you my own private stash or so I thought. I figured I had better come back tomorrow after work in case he got charged up and gonna wipe me out, so after work headed to my turf and sure enough footprints were everywhere on fresh dirt, detected anyway for 2 hours, found around 45 coins now that minelab didn't , makes the old DFX shine now.

Even though operator didn't have a clue how to run it and he was running with a dead battery. I am laughing about this. Oldest coins here so far are 1919 but im sure there are older. Question is should I find my new detector buddy his charger quickly like he moved in on me or maybe stall him a bit? LOL.

Anybody know this minelab EXPLORER 2, AND HOW DOES IT COMPARE TO MY OLD DFX? THANKS RICK.

In good hands the Explorers are some of the best turf silver detectors made. The Explorers and DFX are certainly competitive and in my opinion operator expertise and ground conditions will be the big difference. However, reality is getting the most out of a DFX requires mastering quite a few possible options whereas the Explorer delivers great performance with few options. I do think this has contributed to the Explorers success overall as it has delivered the goods for a lot of people. The Explorer has been superseded by newer models but some old pros still hang on to them and swear by them.

Bottom line is you know your machine and he does not.

Work the heck out of your spot while you can!

I found a new charger for your "friend" It's coming from Mongolia by way of Tibet on a yak pack train into China were it will be sent on a Malaysian airline. You can explain to him that coins only become more valuable with age so he should be patient.

Thats funny klunker,

I think I may tell him that very story, I dont want to be one sided about this turf anyone that would ask me to share this I would. Its just the way he took over that bothered me. Like steve said he shouldn't do a lot

of damage. First time I ever wished for UPS to be slow. I will atleast ask his wife before I detect his back yard though. Amazing his minelab 3feet from my DFX never talked to mine but his was making a whole lot of strange sounds funny thing. Thanks for the info. On charger LOL.... RICK

Well

He's not an obnoxious feller he just gets so worked up and excited about this spot I guess he couldnt control himself. Im still laughing about the charger klunker found in Mongolia, maybe in a week or so I will get on this and get his charger ordered. (POSSIBLY)