Return To Mason Jar Hill With The Coiltek 10x5- Relics, And Gold?

I'mย  waiting for you to rename it "Mason Jar full of Silver Coins Hill"!!

ย  ย Hurry up already! I'm waiting!!๐Ÿ˜‚

Coolย finds!!ย ย ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

• Haha 3

All good stuff. Interesting how a different coil will see a target differently.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Joe D. said:

I'mย  waiting for you to rename it "Mason Jar full of Silver Coins Hill"!!

ย  ย Hurry up already! I'm waiting!!๐Ÿ˜‚

Coolย finds!!ย ย ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Thus far no silver here. I have dug IHPs and wheats. The trash was all big iron, I'll add a pic later. Wicked hot and humid today. Looks like the mower did the ticks in, but I did have to move some old 3" thick poison ivy vine that fell from a tree. ๐Ÿคฌ

• Oh my! 1

3 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

the ring was a solid 13....

So if not gold, what composition is it?ย  Not silver or copper (core) since the dTID would be higher.ย  Even this shape aluminum should dTID higher than 13 (in my less-than-expert-jewelry-hunter view but rather expert pulltabber view).ย  More investigation required.

• Like 1

Just now, GB_Amateur said:

So if not gold, what composition is it?ย  Not silver or copper (core) since the dTID would be higher.ย  Even this shape aluminum should dTID higher than 13 (in my less-than-expert-jewelry-hunter view but rather expert pulltabber view).ย  More investigation required.

I'm thinking 10k. It would be mixed up to 50% with copper, nickel, and silver. That would explain the tarnish with silver cleaner.

Guess I'll have to make a trip to the jeweler again, they said bring finds anytime.

• Like 1

Here's the trash. It was a dig it all day. ๐Ÿ˜€ Another Virginia Axe head, other odd bits and car parts. Of course a Mason jar lid.20210628_181801.thumb.jpg.95878868e574063010fdffacf20f0fb8.jpg

• Like 3

Youโ€™ve got some cool finds there!! ย Love the old dog tag...my oldest dog tag is 1909. ย Nice watch FOB too! ย Iโ€™llย take an educated guess and say that ring you found is gold filled...I have found quite a fewย gold filled rings from the beach that resemble your ring....the way it has been put together in layers (I can see the seams).

Congrats again!ย 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Raphis said:

Youโ€™ve got some cool finds there!! ย Love the old dog tag...my oldest dog tag is 1909. ย Nice watch FOB too! ย Iโ€™llย take an educated guess and say that ring you found is gold filled...I have found quite a fewย gold filled rings from the beach that resemble your ring....the way it i has been put together in layers (I can see the seams).

Congrats again!ย 

Thanks!

Been looking into it, and you're probably right. It only weighs 1.6g or 1/2 ounce. Kinda light for it to be pure.

It could also be an earring, there are two small flaws, one on each side, where something may have been attached. You can see the dark spot in the closeup. The irregular pattern on the outside stops there.

I have older dog tags but no year on them. I can probably get info on the numbers at the county records office. We're in a really small town, with history back to the 1600s.

• Like 1

Great hunting again, but I do have a question about the dog tag. At the top of it it says unsexed, while at the bottom of it it says female. Just how long has this been in the ground? I ask that because today boys think they are girls, and girls think they are boys. Are they trying to tell us that even the animals back then didn't know what they were yet?

Good luck on your next hunt.

• Haha 1