Pirate Cache?

It is always fun to imagine the story your finds might have. Often times instructive too.

• Like 2

funny you should mention this.  Brought back memories from my coin shooting days.  I'd worked real hard on a local permission property with quite a history, big elaborate house/property and finally got it!  I KNEW the old coins were gonna be all over the place.  Long story short I hunted the piss outta the place with the etrac on several different occaisions and I also found a bunch of gold painted pennies from the kids in one area.  Property didn't give up the old coins like I'd hoped....maybe 2 mercs, 1 buffy, some wheats is all.  The couple was so nice I gave them a gold ring I'd taken from another property, dirtied it up and told them it came from their yard and thanks for the opportunity to hunt the property....

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, Flydog said:

Pulled out one more penny last night and a bracelet. I am by no means a jewelry ID expurt but it does not appear to be plated. No hallmark.

IMG_2124.JPG

Nice treasure, FlyDog. 👍 What was the bracelet ID?

OK so it sounds like painting things gold is a "thing"? LOL. 

Went back tonight and I'm scraping the bottom of the barrel, couple real cheap kiddie jewelry pieces and 3 more alum foil wrapped pennies. Not worth a picture.

KellyCo this is my new Gold Bug DP purchased from you only a week or two ago. Thank you. Havin' a ball!

Only regret is I should have got the equivalent in Bounty Hunter or Teknetics.

24 minutes ago, Flydog said:

Only regret is I should have got the equivalent in Bounty Hunter or Teknetics.

The Fisher F19, Teknetics G2+, and Bounty Hunter Time Ranger Pro are indeed all basically the same detector as the Gold Bug DP, but with different paint schemes etc.  What is strange is that the depending on which one you choose, the price can vary by wide margin.

I picked up a Pink Camo G2+ for $299, the Time Ranger Pro typically goes for around $399 in big box outlets and you can also pay as much as $749 for a G2+ at some online dealers.  The Fisher Gold Bug DP falls in the middle at about $599.  Never understood the First Texas pricing scheme for what is essentially the same detector in different skins.

• Like 1

Now I would repaint them in a different color and put them back........ might blow their minds :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

On 6/29/2021 at 8:51 PM, Chase Goldman said:

The Fisher F19, Teknetics G2+, and Bounty Hunter Time Ranger Pro are indeed all basically the same detector as the Gold Bug DP, but with different paint schemes etc. (emphasis mine)

So it's not just the kids playing pirate games that are disguising objects by painting them??  I've learned not to try and figure out what marketers are thinking, other than one common theme -- squeeze as much money out of the consumers as possible.

• Like 1

That's business!

But the pink G2+ is a perfect example of countering! I got one the same time you did! Great price! The whole educated consumer thing; and of course, patience! Did my 2nd Nox 800 the same way! Bought a nonworking one for a huge discount, still under warranty, and sent in to repair center for a brand new replacement! Saved $$$! "Nothing ventured, nothing gained"! 👍👍

• Like 1