GPZ Shaft Wobble Resolution

• 2 weeks later...

Got to make sure those pins stay in place too, mine have already tried to come out a couple of times and my detector is only about 7 mths old, and is used less than most.

1 minute ago, Sheppo said:

Got to make sure those pins stay in place too, mine have already tried to come out a couple of times and my detector is only about 7 mths old, and is used less than most.

That's very unusual, I found the pin very hard to get out, I ended up using a small phillips screw driver and tapping it with a hammer to get it to slide out.  To get it back in I also tapped them with a hammer as there was no way I was going to be pushing it back in with my fingers.  I wonder if your pin is slightly smaller than it should be.

4 hours ago, phrunt said:

That's very unusual, I found the pin very hard to get out, I ended up using a small phillips screw driver and tapping it with a hammer to get it to slide out.  To get it back in I also tapped them with a hammer as there was no way I was going to be pushing it back in with my fingers.  I wonder if your pin is slightly smaller than it should be.

I honestly haven’t chased it up, I probably should but it hasn’t caused me any major problems.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Just the information I was after, thanks.

*Pays to use the search function on the forum as many problems/fixes have been discussed before often

• Like 1