Headphone Input Needed

Thinking about pulling the trigger on a pair of these Quest headphones. They say they can be used in the rain which is huge for me as I mostly beach hunt in all weather. They are made specifically to pair with the Equinox. Can anyone share any first hand experience with the build/sound quality?

Screenshot_20210630-065826_Chrome.jpg

Here's the officlal page on the Quest website.  You may have to click on Read more button to see their full writeup.  The specs are on the lower left of the page whether or not you click on that, though.

2 hours ago, Dan(NM) said:

There's a pair on Findmall classifieds for $50, the ad said new in box.

Those ones listed on the classifieds are not the same model headphones being asked about in the original post.  They may work with the equinox, but they aren’t the same model as the ones for the equinox.  

7 hours ago, damatman88 said:

The ones on Findmall were sold anyway. Still would like to hear user experience with these headphones. Thanks!

Well I hate to ruin things. But any headphones for beach hunting that do not block out ambient noise are worthless for me.  I would suggest these, and their are others. 

https://bigboyshobbies.net/sun-ray-pro-gold-universal-headphones

• Like 1

8 hours ago, midalake said:

Well I hate to ruin things. But any headphones for beach hunting that do not block out ambient noise are worthless for me.  I would suggest these, and their are others. 

https://bigboyshobbies.net/sun-ray-pro-gold-universal-headphones

I'm sure those are very nice headphones but the most important things to me are a combination of being wireless and water resistant. The Quest are the only over the ear ones I have found that meet those criteria and are aptx LL.

1 hour ago, damatman88 said:

I'm sure those are very nice headphones but the most important things to me are a combination of being wireless and water resistant. The Quest are the only over the ear ones I have found that meet those criteria and are aptx LL.

To me all wireless headphones are not beach worthy equipment and can leave you without headphones.  I think there are too many people rushing to not have a wire and missing the point of headphones. To have an advantage.

If one is hunting a salt water beach, headphones to reduce ambient noise is that advantage. I have run Black Widow and Sunrays. Both do not have issues taking a splash now and then.

Take a look at these if you want water proof. Tony Eisenhower Headphones.