Steves MDT Shaft

I saw SteveG announced he did an his after market shaft to fit the MDT.   I have one and have to say for water hunter its worth every penny.  The ID and OD on it fits very snug especially into the upper where its important since thats where it might move the most from all the torque.  Mine extends even beyond the length of the coil cable.  Looks like Dimitar is willing to add a longer cable if you want a new coil to go along with the new shaft.  The shaft takes it down to a standard size..... so there maybe about 30% less drag out there.  The past few weeks ive been using on some yellow or red flag days..... so it handles the rip currents, big waves and some really swift current.  It even makes the machine lighter....hard to believe.  His lock is removable .... so for someone who wanted a much longer lower ..... the middle could be modified easily.   I like the design..... i think the price is fair.  Hopefully he will come on and give a little more info about it and what hes willing to do.  Even if you want another shaft to fit a second coil.... its sure nice to have.

• Like 1

I find my arm and wrist problems after a 5-6 hour hunt are a thing of the past now with Steve's 2 piece shaft on the Tarsacci. Amazing how much of a difference the smaller diameter does make.....

Cliff

Just curious but do you think since he can do the lower at 30” getting it this long …. Then shorting the middle shaft would reduce drag anymore?  I’ve not actually measured other shafts I have…. Like the ML standard for the Nox just to see.  

I tried holding the scoop today… no can do so I’m out of hunting for awhile.   Still can’t even hold a coffee cup with my left hand.

1 minute ago, dewcon4414 said:

Just curious but do you think since he can do the lower at 30” getting it this long …. Then shorting the middle shaft would reduce drag anymore?  I’ve not actually measured other shafts I have…. Like the ML standard for the Nox just to see.  

I tried holding the scoop today… no can do so I’m out of hunting for awhile.   Still can’t even hold a coffee cup with my left hand.

Sorry to hear your having health problems. I feel your pain. Don’t rush it, and take care.